PDA

View Full Version : High Teas

sjj278
26-Aug-07, 13:28
Does anyone know of anywhere in Thurso that still does High Teas? My kids are just at the age (4 and 2) where i would quite like to attempt to take them to a family meal somewhere!!!!!! and the fact i could tempt them to behave if they wanted cakes!!!!

pat
26-Aug-07, 14:44
does the Pentland Hotel still do them - have not been for a long time but they used to do high teas

anneoctober
26-Aug-07, 15:34
I think the Park hotel still does them. Let us know how you get on with the bairns and the food.... :D

bluelady
27-Aug-07, 00:31
Castle arms in Mey used to do them, resonable price too, give them a ring and order in advance, we used to.

carlominno
27-Aug-07, 12:22
The Comm in Halkirk sometimes does them on a Sunday and I'm sure I have seen a notice outside the St Clair in Castletown so you could maybe give them a phone to see. Have fun

Lolabelle
27-Aug-07, 12:34
Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a "high tea" ? :Razz

Anne x
27-Aug-07, 12:38
A meal where you can have a main course but on the side lots of scones,pancakes and cakes
as opposed to dinner since bar suppers have become fashionable high teas have become less and less

tried to explain a bit lolabelle

Lolabelle
27-Aug-07, 12:42
Sounds like something I should try. :D

Bobinovich
27-Aug-07, 12:48
The Central used to do them on Sundays but only in the Dining Room which is through the door to the left as you get to the top of the stairs.

topotheuk
27-Aug-07, 13:24
The Northern Sands Hotel, Dunnet do a high tea for £7.50. Cakes are lovely and there are great choices on the menu.