PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Blue in Final

Douglas Cowie
25-Aug-07, 17:14
Liquid Blue have got through to the final of the Ultimate Chill to be held in the Caird Hall in Dundee on Sept 15th following last nights semi final win in Fat Sams in Dundee. They will be competing against Edinburgh based band Callal.

This is tremendous achievement for the young local band who had to play a set of original material. They began with Silence followed by Fear of Flying then Passing Time and finally closing with Numbing it Down. Both Silence and Passing Time are currently available on a single produced by Wick Youth Club's Music Link Media and Numbing it Down is available on the High School Voices, Northern Whispers EP produced by Isaac Sutherland.
The band went down a storm and gave a performance which really impressed the audience given that Liquid Blue are so young and were up against bands who were much older and more experienced.
A small but vocal support made the trip from Caithness to cheer the band on and it was certainly worth it.
I for one can't wait for the final.

Chobbersjnr
25-Aug-07, 17:23
well done from G2 & myself

great band. Although I've only heard one song

I'll maybe come & heckle some nicht when I'm not slaving over a hot strat or tele

well done, hats off

The Pepsi Challenge
25-Aug-07, 17:56
Am highly suspicious and overtly cynical about organised battle-of-the-bands competitions. Rarely does anything ever come good from it. That said, I hope the Caithness band enjoy what they can out of it. My money's on the Embra' band, though :)

Chobbersjnr
26-Aug-07, 02:35
Am highly suspicious and overtly cynical about organised battle-of-the-bands competitions. Rarely does anything ever come good from it. That said, I hope the Caithness band enjoy what they can out of it. My money's on the Embra' band, though :)

YAH BOO I'll see that wager & raise you all your right handed guitars:cool:

Douglas Cowie
26-Aug-07, 08:57

You are of course entitled to your opinion Pepsi but as the saying goes "it ain't over until the fat lady sings" or in this case the "thin Caithness lassie" so why don't you get over to the Caird Hall on the 15th and offer some support as Dundee is a mere jaunt from "Embra"

The Pepsi Challenge
26-Aug-07, 14:43
Sorry Douglas, I'm working in Glasgow that night. My very best wishes, though, for the Caithness lot in Dundee.

moncur
26-Aug-07, 21:16
I was at the side of the stage during their set at the Big Gig. Was v impressed with what i saw, very tight as a group IMO, especially for them being aged 15-17.

Only thing which could have made them a bit better would be a bit of movement/ banter onstage just to show that the band are enjoying themselves. I think this is very important and can have an effect on the audience's enjoyment of a band.

I hope the band can see that as constructive critisicm.

Good luck in dundee though.

Torvaig
26-Aug-07, 22:14
All the very best to Liquid Blue for September 15th.

Jeid
26-Aug-07, 23:13
I was at the side of the stage during their set at the Big Gig. Was v impressed with what i saw, very tight as a group IMO, especially for them being aged 15-17.

Only thing which could have made them a bit better would be a bit of movement/ banter onstage just to show that the band are enjoying themselves. I think this is very important and can have an effect on the audience's enjoyment of a band.

I hope the band can see that as constructive critisicm.

Good luck in dundee though.

Aye, but at 15-17... they're gonna be a bit shy for that.

good luck

rob murray
27-Aug-07, 09:26
Very well done guys, quite a few Caithnessians attend Dundee University / Abertay ( my two kids, ex caithnessians for a start ) so I will see if they can galvanise a support to attend on the night and cheer the band on.

All the best Douglas.

Douglas Cowie
01-Sep-07, 18:48
Thanks for that Robin hopefully quite a few travelling to the final to support the band. They are working on a new song for the final and it's sounding good.
I saw your son's graduation picture in the paper the other day, well done to him, hope to see him there.

Liz
04-Sep-07, 13:14
Good luck for the final Liquid Blue!:D

painter
04-Sep-07, 16:38
Best of luck for the final.