PDA

View Full Version : help

TIA
25-Aug-07, 09:49
since my cat herbie been back his been really bad towards my other cat, he was away for 3 months and has come back abad cat, he still ok with us , but hates bud, who is the softies cat in the world, its got so bad buds moved out in to the barn, help :~(

Liz
25-Aug-07, 12:44
Sorry to hear that Herbie has come back a 'baddy'!!!:(
What was he like with Bud before he went away?

It sounds like he is being a bit territorial even though he has been neutered. Of course it is possible that another cat 'had a go' at him when he was away.

Would it be possible to get something like a water pistol and just spray him every time he has a go at Bud?

One of my cats occasionally has a go at my other cats (he was bad for doing this with newcomers) and doing this stops him. Or even just shouting 'No' at him really loudly may help.

He just needs to learn his boundaries and that having a go at Bud is not on! Be firm with him!

If this continues please let me know and we may, reluctantly, have to find him a new home.

TIA
26-Aug-07, 02:08
thanks liz, dont want to find him a new home as he is a great cat, i keep working on getting bud in, but all he dose is run when he see herbie, and herbie waits till we go then has a go at bud, and we just here loads of cat crys, time we get there buds run off and herbie sitting there like a little king. its like having kids again.....

Lynseymac
26-Aug-07, 12:19
When we moved into a new house our female cat (who had a great relationship with her brother before hand) couldnt stand to be in the same room as him. We found this quite distressing as we thought we would have to find a new home for one of them. However, after visiting the vets, they recommended using the Feliway Diffuser (cost around £18 but worth every penny), stocked by the local vets.

Feliway reproduces certain pacifying properties of natural facial pheromones which helps calm cats.

I would seriously recommend trying this out, it worked for us and now our cats are back to their normal self. We used it until it ran out and that was all that was required. I think you can get Feliway in the form of a spray to.

Good luck!

Liz
26-Aug-07, 13:17
When we moved into a new house our female cat (who had a great relationship with her brother before hand) couldnt stand to be in the same room as him. We found this quite distressing as we thought we would have to find a new home for one of them. However, after visiting the vets, they recommended using the Feliway Diffuser (cost around £18 but worth every penny), stocked by the local vets.

Feliway reproduces certain pacifying properties of natural facial pheromones which helps calm cats.

I would seriously recommend trying this out, it worked for us and now our cats are back to their normal self. We used it until it ran out and that was all that was required. I think you can get Feliway in the form of a spray to.

Good luck!

I totally agree!
I have recommended Feliway with great results for many behavioural problems.
I didn't recommend this to Tia as I thought the cats lived outside in outbuildings?

TIA
27-Aug-07, 06:59
they do live out in the stables which are in a in doors and tack room, them they have 2 more outbuildings that all join together, so its like a big house, in the winter the tack room is heated, do you think i can use feliway diffuser , thanks tia,

Lynseymac
27-Aug-07, 12:39
It wont hurt to try and if it works it will be worth it. Maybe get the spray too for other areas outwith your tack room.

Liz
10-Sep-07, 13:42
That's great news Tia! :D