PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please tell me

scaraben
24-Aug-07, 18:12
How do I change my email address ? I have the vista Operating programme and have 100's of spam flooding my in box and I think if I make this change it should eliminate it....hopefully !

botheed
24-Aug-07, 21:00
go in to email on your toolbar and press email settings and u can have as many as u want. u cant change your master screen name:cool:

matelot79
25-Aug-07, 01:59
The way you change your email address is to change to a different ISP or if you contact your current service provider they may change your primary email address. Looks like you have pumped your email address into some (disreputable) web site and they have logged your address and they have sold it (or maybe even passed it) onto the spammers.

Mr_Me19
26-Aug-07, 14:54
How do I change my email address ? I have the vista Operating programme and have 100's of spam flooding my in box and I think if I make this change it should eliminate it....hopefully !

What ISP do you have? Is it bt, aol, talktalk,etc.? I am guessing you mean Vista operating system?

And it doesn't necceserily mean that a website has sold it on. If you have your email avaliable for view on a profile, or have posted it on a comment/post somewhere then crawlers can pick it up.

scaraben
26-Aug-07, 17:11
I use Vista operating system and my Internet supplier is Wanadoo ( Now orange I understand )

Mr_Me19
28-Aug-07, 21:55
Then contact wanadoo and ask them to change your email address for you. (I would give instructions on how to do it but I have never used wanadoo so am not sure on how to go about it. Sorry)

badger
04-Sep-07, 09:33
Most ISPs allow you to have more than one email address and you should be able to access your account details on their website and just remove the old address and add a new one. If you're not sure then it's probably best to phone them, so long as their telephone support charges aren't too awful. Good luck.

moses
27-Oct-07, 21:43
Go onto Google GMail go to setup type in your present EMail , GMail will sort spam for you.