PDA

View Full Version : amy winehouse

johno
24-Aug-07, 14:56
Who else has seen the pics of Amy Winehouse in todays tabloids. WOW, if anyone is on self destruction it is her for sure. this girl has it all at her feet and she is just throwing it all away including her life. she looks just appalling.
Fame and fortune ,it looks like as with so many other young stars it has all just gone to her head.In fact looking at her it doe,snt look like she will last much longer if she cant pull herself together. to much to soon. :~(

trix
24-Aug-07, 15:46
i read in yesterdays daily star that groove armada warned ms winehoose that if she cleans up her act that she will lose her fanbase, as this is the reason she is so popular!! :eek:
wi friends lek 'at eh??

mccaugm
24-Aug-07, 16:45
[evil]I suppose that would explain the celebrity status of the numpty that is Pete Docherty....I cannot believe he got of on a technicality. He needs jail, rehab and a damn good boot up the backside. I still cannot understand what Kate Moss saw in him, hes not exactly gods gift. Or is the geek look in these days?

karia
24-Aug-07, 16:56
Hi Folks

I sincerely hope that she will see her way out of this 'spiral'.

Her two albums to date have been superlative and I for one am a huge fan who would be delighted if she 'cleaned up her act'.:(

karia

trix
24-Aug-07, 16:56
pete docherty is a minger!!
he is really talented tho. ye widna think it by his wee stint on e stage wi elton john durin live8 last year. he wis terrible. all smacked up lekly - as usual. he should be in e jail. its shockin that he gets til roam e streets an...well, am no getin intil at arguement again!! :roll:
anyway, apparently e lovely kate moss is back wi her mingin beloved. i houp they be vey happy tigither...

George Brims
24-Aug-07, 18:17
They should lock Amy Winehouse up. Then maybe we wouldn't see her sour dopey face looking at us from every newspaper.

scorrie
24-Aug-07, 18:26
Amy Crackhouse?

The Pepsi Challenge
24-Aug-07, 18:33
She looked good a few years ago, when she was more voluptous. These days she looks like a she-male. Good Motown-esque voice, though.

orkneylass
25-Aug-07, 14:24
on her way to the rock and roll hall of fame via the Janis Joplin route....

percy toboggan
25-Aug-07, 14:41
Winehouse?

Who cares? I'm already sick of seeing the bint in the papers. She looks like a trollop anyway and her husband doesn't appear to have much of a moral compass. Pack the pair of them off to rehab and lock the door - tight.

So she can sing a bit - so what? Mary Hopkin and Cilla Black could too and look what didn't happen to them! Even Sandie Shaw has had her feet fixed !

golach
25-Aug-07, 15:38
Winehouse? ...Whats that? I have heard of Free Houses, Tied Houses & Yates Wine Lodges....is it anything like that?[lol]

Anne x
25-Aug-07, 15:42
Winehouse? ...Whats that? I have heard of Free Houses, Tied Houses & Yates Wine Lodges....is it anything like that?[lol]

[lol] L O L very loud

gleeber
25-Aug-07, 16:14
I had never heard of Amy Winehouse until I saw her on the box at Glastonbury in June. She was brilliant.
My good wishes go out to her and those who love her and the demons that attach themselves, not only to people in the public eye, but to anyones children will soon be overcome with the help of understanding and compassionite people.

changilass
25-Aug-07, 16:27
Well said Gleeber, if the poor lass was going round killing folks then fair enough, as it is she just aint getting the help to deal with the strain properly.

The Pepsi Challenge
25-Aug-07, 16:58
I ken. The pressure of making millions of pounds can really put a strain on folks.

karia
25-Aug-07, 21:41
I ken. The pressure of making millions of pounds can really put a strain on folks.

But wishing someone well is no strain at all!;)

You accept that she has talent, be magnanimous in your praise!

To do otherwise ,..reflects only on you!

karia

helenwyler
25-Aug-07, 22:11
Amy Winehouse has serious self-esteem problems......stardom and ridiculously over-inflated wage packets do nothing to compensate for this.

The woman is at war with herself.

I wish her well.

anneoctober
25-Aug-07, 22:57
The first time I heard Amy sing, it actually "blew " me away as the youngsters would say! She has fantastic depth & tone to her voice. I wish her all the best.

johno
26-Aug-07, 09:34
The first time I heard Amy sing, it actually "blew " me away as the youngsters would say! She has fantastic depth & tone to her voice. I wish her all the best.
your dead right there, she really has a voice,, it,s a crying shame to see what she is allowing to happen to herself. i to hope that she can pull herself out of this. think a good start would be getting shot of that idiot hubby. [disgust]

Thumper
26-Aug-07, 11:03
Amy has got an amazing voice! The poor girl is just in a bad place right now and it is very hard to get out off that place once you arrive there! She has an addictive personality which in itself is a problem because if you have these traits anyway it is much harder to "break" the cycle.I agree that her hubby doesn't seem to be the best person to have in her life at the moment but again it is just another "addiction" that she cannot break away from.To get better you have to want it and right now I don't think Amy knows what she wants,fame does have a price and she is paying dearly for hers!I wish her well and hope that she can find the strenght to fight back x

Lolabelle
26-Aug-07, 11:24
She can certainly sing, but maybe she should say Yes Yes Yes to rehab, instead of No No No.
Whoops, that sounds a bit like the Vicar of Dibley, lol. [lol]

orkneylass
26-Aug-07, 11:35
I can see that she is talented but my goodness i hate that particularly repetitive dirge!