PDA

View Full Version : What a shambles!

Charlie Brown
24-Jul-05, 18:17
Friday night went to collect tins for the gala, lady there was telling people that the walking entrants should be at boating shed for 6pm not 6:30 as stated in the programme. Last night off down we go down to boating shed find our section for judging, when the two tractors for pulling the queens are in the middle of all the foot entrants.
Then a member of the gala week committee very rudly started shouting that the the junior, junior pairs, junior groups and family groups had to move as the trailers for the tractors were still in the shed, should this not have been done before and why put the sections for the fancy dress in front of the boating shed when they new they were going to be in the way.
Then two judges arrive for them to be people that live in the town and new most of the entrants which consisted of their family and friends, why on earth didnt the committee get someone outwith the town, there were all the footballers up from Newmachar, Im sure one of them would have happly given up half an hour to pick the winners.
I really enjoyed the gala and the floats this year were fantastic, the committee give up a lot of there time and do a great job, but it is a shame that some people act in a thoughtless manner to spoil this :confused

johndy
24-Jul-05, 18:47
I totally agree with what you have said Charlie Brown, It was a shame for the smaller children as they had no idea where they were meant to be :D

Sniperama
24-Jul-05, 21:18
iv spent the best part of this month preparing my costume and wot not to arive at the boat shed at 6:30 to find everyone just leaving and me and the outhers not judged -peter pan was well anoyed [mad]