PDA

View Full Version : shoppers beware

TisIivy
23-Aug-07, 17:14
apparently there are a couple of foreighn spoken women going about targeting older people, what they are doing is one will come up to you and distract you and the other comes behind you and has your purse away has happened on at least two successful occasions in wick and one not as woman targeted was wary of the woman anyway but older generation should be aware what's going on.

oldmarine
23-Aug-07, 17:17
apparently there are a couple of foreighn spoken women going about targeting older people, what they are doing is one will come up to you and distract you and the other comes behind you and has your purse away has happened on at least two successful occasions in wick and one not as woman targeted was wary of the woman anyway but older generation should be aware what's going on.

Good advice. This happens more often than it should.

corgiman
23-Aug-07, 17:21
I certainly hope they are caught before a member of public notices them at this this :mad:

NLP
23-Aug-07, 18:39
I posted about this last week when it happened to a neighbour police said she wasn,t the first.

anneoctober
23-Aug-07, 21:02
This makes me so mad, the elderly have little enough as it is. They seem to be the target for thieves, vandals & hooligans. A mousetrap in the shopping bag I think..... :mad:

lady penelope
23-Aug-07, 22:21
Coming up to live in Caithness last year I was shocked how relaxed people were about their property. I would never leave my handbag, purse , small child unattended even in Wick. I'm too untrusting of others.
I feel so sorry for the ladies and shocked that someone would do that to an elderly person.

paris
24-Aug-07, 06:48
Its always the elderly who get conned. Were having a big problem with credit/bank cards being copied in the local asda . When you put your card in the machine someone has put something inside , they stand behind you, catch sight of your pin then when you move away they can withdraw money form your account. janx

jsherris
24-Aug-07, 08:02
Can I ask...in your little corner of the world, do you get much in the way of 'doorstep crime'?
You know, either distraction crime or Cold-Callers offering to fix the roof, fence, etc for £40 which then runs into thousands?

If so, I have a half solution, but as it's quite involved & needs a few of you to 'get involved', I'll tell you all in a separate thread...

Of course, you might well be one of the few areas of the UK that has escaped this, & if so, then you can count your blessings.

21st century living...... hmmm...

golach
24-Aug-07, 09:15
Another trick being used by these Eastern European females, is that one approaches you holding out a heavy gold ring and asks you to buy it, then as you hesitate to examine the ring, your pocket is picked by her accomplice.
Beware!!!