PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help with car immobiliser

elastic band
22-Aug-07, 23:23
can anyone please, please help -i have an s reg renault megane and the key is not working to disable the immobiliser when i try to start the car -normally you just click twice, light goes out and car starts no problem -however today despite changing the batteries twice, cleaning inside the key it just won;t start as the immobiliser keeps flashing on.

does anyone have any suggestions - i can;t afford a big garage bill

thanks for your time

Jeemag_USA
23-Aug-07, 00:07
I did some googling and this was the best solution I could find, lots of websites wanted to charge for immobiliser bypass codes, apparently according to this guys advice the renault dealers are not usually happy people know about the bypass codes but apparently they charge 15 pound for them.

take your V5 doc's and a form of ID to your Renault Dealer.
and ask them for the 4 digit immobiliser bypass code
(They will not be happy you know about it, 2 dealers by me refused to acknowledge its existence)
it should cost around £15.Turn on the ignition and the immobiliser light will come on,
press the accelerator down and the light should go off.
While keeping the pedal down press the windscreen washer button on the end of the stalk(trust me on this)
and you should see the immobiliser light come on on the dash.
Press it for the corresponding number on the first digit of the code renault
gave you e.g.if first digit 2 press twice.
Lift the accelerator pedal press it back down and repeat for digit 2 of the code and so on.
I have heard that some models need to press the central locking button instead of the washer button

elastic band
23-Aug-07, 12:57
thanks very much for taking the time to check this out and reply -bought car from richards garage so will try them -appreciate your time