PDA

View Full Version : the fringe,golach

horseman
22-Aug-07, 21:35
Give us an insight golach (hope this thread has'ent been up before)Most of us are getting it only from the media!
Come on give the org your best opinion:)

golach
22-Aug-07, 22:01
Give us an insight golach (hope this thread has'ent been up before)Most of us are getting it only from the media!
Come on give the org your best opinion:)
Have to hold up my hands Horseman, I have never been to a Fringe show, no my scene, but have seen some of the samples of shows given on the High Street, and some are good, some no so good IMO, I would suggest you ask The Pepsi Challenge, he would see more of the Fringe than me. nearest I have ever been is to the comedy shows in the Stand, now I liked them.

The Pepsi Challenge
23-Aug-07, 01:20
Basic Training, Rash, Bigger Than Jesus, Hammel on Trial, Chris Cox - just a few I'd reccomend. Be quick, though, most Fringe shows finish on the 26th.

canuck
23-Aug-07, 12:40
It is still too early in the morning for me here in Wick. horseman, I thought you were asking golach for advise about your "fridge".

So, Pepsi, any suggestions for something on Aug. 26? Or should I just wait for next year?

orkneylass
23-Aug-07, 19:27
Part of the fun is taking a complete gamble. One of my best experiences was a show where the cast outnumbered the audience, and at the end, they applauded us!!!!

George Brims
23-Aug-07, 21:33
LOL I have been to a few Fringe shows where the cast outnumbered the audience! When I lived in the Edinburgh area we didn't go to enough shows. We would keep hearing about the good ones when it was too late. If you want a laugh, the Cambridge Footlights review is always good. Though last time I saw it, it starred Emma Thomson, Steven Fry and Hugh Laurie!

We were in Edinburgh briefly two years ago and found the Sunday thing on the Meadows is a good way to sample some of what's available. There's a music tent where bands come on and do one or two songs each, a comedy tent where the standup guys and reviews give you a quick sample, etc etc

King_Creon
24-Aug-07, 00:06
the danger is that there is alot more bad than good at the fringe. comedians at the fringe generally go for shock factor, and heavily depend on audience 'gags'. an example of this is my friend who i went with to a female comedian. she took him up on stage and cut his pony tail off!!

i like to see the fringe every other year. ther's alot of rubbish at it. altho i am, on the 27th, going to see a play called 'crave' by sarah kane on monday. i shall let u know how it goes. i saw dracula three nights ago, it was terrible. they should have called thier production, 'camp-ula'!!