PDA

View Full Version : Most expensive tin of beans!

neepnipper
23-Jul-05, 17:56
I've just paid 70p for a standard size tin of Heinz baked beans in local shop. Can anyone beat this?

By the way I'm not complaining, I wanted the beans so I paid the price just wondered if this is a record! :D

scotsboy
23-Jul-05, 18:34
Well I just checked a tin in the cupboard. They cost 3.50 SAR in Saudi at the moment and at the current rate of exchange that is 53 pence. So if they can ship em and sell em in Saudi for 53pence, 70pence does seem a bit expensive.

nancypotter45
23-Jul-05, 22:52
One Stop Shop, Wellington St, Wick and Top Shop, Roxburgh Rd have cheapest Heinz beans in town 49p - even cheaper than supermarkets (was cheapest last time I looked).

Fran
25-Jul-05, 01:28
Somerfield have 4 tins of HP beans(large) for 69p

scotsboy
25-Jul-05, 05:03
But they ain't Heinz.

cezzy1234
26-Jul-05, 14:37
you can get a norrmal size tin of beens for 10p in lidl and i think they taste just the same and better .

Rheghead
26-Jul-05, 16:11
they taste just the same and better .

either they taste the same or they taste better. But I do agree with you, I was once a bean snob and I insisted on Heinz every time then I shook off the shackles of my teenage food non-adventurism and I discovered a whole world full of rich culinary delights.

70p does seem rather a lot for beans, roll on Tescos!!

Naefearjustbeer
26-Jul-05, 16:41
cant stand heinz beans they are far to sweet for my taste, Not keen on lidls either. The best beans I have tasted were the safeway savers brand. Tescos will do fine though when they open up in wick