PDA

View Full Version : In-Laws

cyberman
22-Aug-07, 13:30
Well I find it very interesting what people have to say about there in-laws, you either hate them or put up with them, I dont think I have met anyone who loves them. I know that family is important etc, but some you realy dont need. I would love to hear your views and stories.:lol:

squidge
22-Aug-07, 13:36
I loved my mother in law dearly. She was an amazing lady with a great sense of humour and a serious temper. I miss her still and she died about 15 years ago now and im not even married to her son anymore.

karia
22-Aug-07, 13:43
Hi Cyberman,

My OH adores my folks and vice versa.

He and my mum gang up on me and my dad, and mum is insisting that OH will do the oration at her funeral, as he can be trusted to get it right and include plenty of laughs!:roll:

Mum said to me once that if OH and I ever split up, she will blame me.......no matter whose fault it is!!!:eek:

Karia

Lolabelle
22-Aug-07, 13:45
My inlaws don't have anything to do with us as they are Jehovah's Witnesses and we are Christians.
But, my family absolutely adore Dave and he them. I think if we ever split (pretty unlikely), I would get kicked out of the family and he would still be the golden haired boy. I'm sure they like him more than they like me. :p

justine
22-Aug-07, 13:50
my inlaws are great although the distance makes it difficult to see them. Just wish i could say the same about my own mother....I would change her if i could.....My mother likes no-one, moans about all and has nothing good to say about anyone....But i have a wonderfull hubby great kids and a brilliant life so i aint missing anything ....

Angela
22-Aug-07, 13:54
I'm still very, very fond of my FIL from my first marriage - although his son and I have been divorced for almost 20 years, and both of us remarried.

He is just a lovely man, with a delightful dry sense of humour, and he's been a smashing Grandad to my kids. :)

He's mid-80s now, and a bit frail, sadly. We all adore him! :D

MISS K
22-Aug-07, 14:25
I wish i could say something nice about my in-laws but i just cant, as a lot of you know i lost my beloved dog recently, and the only people who didnt contact me and teen and weany miss ks were my in-laws, no support sympathy nothing,they also decided not to turn up to weany miss ks 2nd birthday party choosing to give us space to get over jake, but not tell us and presume we would cancel the party, (i may add that her birthday party was put of a day to accomodate them, making the trip up)[evil] after 6 years of hell mr k has had enough and we are just concentrating on our own wee family:D so its true you just cant pick em, Mr k i may add just loves my mam and dad.

telfordstar
22-Aug-07, 14:25
ive just got married a good few months back and i can say that my new inlaws are brilliant we get on so well which i thinks maks all the difference i enjoy our weekly chats on the phone(she lives a good bit away) and feel that i can talk to them both dont think i could be bothered if i had inlaws that i didnt get on with for whatever reason lifes to short for that kind of hasslle:D

Ricco
22-Aug-07, 14:38
I like my in-laws but my wife really dislikes her parents so we rarely visit - about once a year.

johno
22-Aug-07, 17:21
My in laws have passed away a long time ago. i got on great guns with them both.They always had time for us & their grandchildren. they are sadly missed.:~(

golach
22-Aug-07, 19:11
My In Laws were the best, they have both passed away, and I miss them both

Mister Squiggle
22-Aug-07, 19:21
My FIL was brilliant - he told the funniest jokes and would often have me in stitches. He was a great dad to my husband and would have made a wonderful grandad to our children, but he died 10 years ago this Christmas. We both still really miss him and family gatherings have never quite been the same.

Margaret M.
22-Aug-07, 19:33
I care deeply for my in-laws and still keep in touch even though they are not my in-laws any more.

Thumper
22-Aug-07, 20:51
Hmmn let me see, in-laws are they the people put on this earth to tell others just what it is that is SOOoooo wrong with the person their son chose to marry? :D Thank godness I don't have to worry about them any more.That being said my father in law was lovely but he died before I actually married his son:( x

horseman
22-Aug-07, 21:24
Mine were first class fil+bil tried ever so hard to make me as good a darts player as they were-ha-mil was superb,an we ended up with both min's living with us at the same time.Interesting that,an they passed away with us an that is some of my important memories,lovely people. G-childrenloved them all.

Oddquine
22-Aug-07, 21:54
I am an absolutely brilliant M-I-L..............honest!

Neither of my offspring still with their spouses.............but I'm still hinging in there....whether they like it or not! !

NLP
22-Aug-07, 21:58
Couldn't stand my(now ex) mother & sister in law the father was okay, my mother thought the sun shone on my ex I was the bad one when we parted.
I get on fine with Mr P's mother I visit every week

rhino
23-Aug-07, 18:38
we both get on with each others parents although they are back in inverness so we dont get to see them as much as we used to. My dad died a while ago so the oh never got to see much of him but loved the time he was here. The youngest boy had never met him as he was only a baby at the time.

sms
23-Aug-07, 18:50
I cant say anything bad about my inlaws, I get on great with my mum inlaw and father inlaw and my sister in law is just like my sister she is perfect. I wont fault them for anything as they have always been there for us.

mccaugm
23-Aug-07, 19:13
I get on grand with my second set of in-laws....and the same is true of my hubby with my parents. They are both there for advice and would be there if there was a crisis but they don't interfere and that is a bonus. If my husband takes the mickey out of me, my parents-in-law side with me which is priceless.:D

My first lot of in-laws were not that nice at all and I detested one of my Bro-in-laws, he was really creepy.[evil]

crayola
24-Aug-07, 00:36
My mother in law is a witch. She's teaching me everything she knows. ;)

paris
24-Aug-07, 07:01
Didn't get to know my father-in-law very well as he was deaf and i then found it really hard to communicate with him. Mother-in-law well shes a bit of a gossip at the ripe old age of 87 she knows more than the local papers LOL janx

jsherris
24-Aug-07, 07:54
My ex-Father-in-law was lovely, & I fell in love with him first, but had to settle for his son... who wasn't a patch...
The ex-Mother-in-law coined a whole new phrase amongst my kids... If I go to buy a sparkly top, or maybe .... silver sandals..... my kids groan & say 'No Mum, that's too Lillish, you'll look like Nan!' (Lillish = Lily Savage-like)

My hubby was adopted, but is in touch with his real dad, who is WONDERFUL.... think Jack Duckworth..... complete with a plaster on his glasses! [lol]
His adoptive Mum is 87, and has had every medical condition going.... real, not imaginary (mostly), had a triple heart-bypass 6 years ago, downgraded to a double because she didn't have enough veins to use due to having her veins stripped when she was a young woman, has kidney problems, diabetes, arthritis, bunions, gout, oh, the list is endless, but she knows EVERY 'proper' medical term, plus all of her medication names AND the alternatives - she could teach a few doctors a thing or two!

The only problem I have with her personally, is the time she told Andy...
"If I'd known at the time that you actually came from a blue-collar family, we would never have agreed to take you...." :eek:

But apart from being a complete snob & VERY much like Mrs Bucket Bouquet, she's lovely!

wifie
26-Aug-07, 02:31
Take my mother-in-law......please take her! Seriously don't enjoy her company - done too many things to upset me. Only problem is being a mother I often think what kind of mother-in-law will I make if the time comes!