PDA

View Full Version : Spider Jumping??

Alice in Blunderland
21-Aug-07, 21:37
Anyone heard of this latest craze amongst the kids. I believe its supposed to be where they jump onto the bonnet of a car and run over the roof and off again......... :eek:

All Ive got to say is I am glad I no longer park on the high school route as I have heard of this happening to cars already mind you my galaxy would not be the first choice of kids I think ;)

George Brims
21-Aug-07, 22:08
Stupid kids. They will do this until they encounter a VW Beetle, which is too sloping and they fall and break their stupid necks.

Lolabelle
21-Aug-07, 22:11
Stupid kids. They will do this until they encounter a VW Beetle, which is too sloping and they fall and break their stupid necks.

Haven't you seen the video clip of those French youths that jump all over buildings, I somehow think that a VW, is not going to bother an athletic youngster showing off with his mates. They will do it over and over and over, till they get it. And video it into the bargain and make a motza by selling the film to a sports channel on pay tv. Now you and I George Brims, well that could be another matter! [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
21-Aug-07, 22:18
i feel sorry for any car owner who is going to come out one day to find footprints all over the bonnet. Things are dear enough without having the possibility of repairs or a claim because of some stupid idiot who in years to come will probably be a car owner themselves.......Then we will see if they think spider jumping is still good fun. :confused

jsherris
21-Aug-07, 22:27
i feel sorry for any car owner who is going to come out one day to find footprints all over the bonnet. Things are dear enough without having the possibility of repairs or a claim because of some stupid idiot who in years to come will probably be a car owner themselves.......Then we will see if they think spider jumping is still good fun. :confused
It's not just footprints, Alice... here's a clip from our local paper last month:

VANDALS have wreaked havoc on the streets of St Annes and Ansdell.
Residents in seven different roads woke on Sunday to find their cars had been trashed.
A total of 11 cars were damaged in the rampage, which is believed to have taken place in the early hours.
On most of the vehicles windows were smashed and nothing was taken – but on one car, a blue Ford Mondeo, the vandals are thought to have climbed up the bonnet and on to the roof.
That vehicle was left with a number of dents and scratches on the paintwork and it is believed two or three yobs jumped around on it.
.............The cost of the damage is thought to run into thousands of pounds.
Police believe the cars were targeted in a random wrecking spree.
Sgt Em Pritchard, of Blackpool Police, said: "It would seem whoever is responsible has used anything they could get their hands on to cause this damage.
This is an example of mindless vandalism that has left many innocent victims needlessly out of pocket".So, yep, spider jumping is alive & well down here. :roll:

golach
21-Aug-07, 22:37
And you wonder why my generation shakes their heads at the younger generation, when they come out and say "Ban the Belt", & "its not the bairns faults, they have nothing else to do".
The little thugs are destroying property that is not their own, I bet they dont spider jump on the parents cars.
There are folk nowadays scared to leave their houses, and are scared to remonstrate with the little towrags incase they get physically attacked and murdered...Life and property mean nothing to these teenage hooligans, but in saying that....I dont know the solution

mums angels
21-Aug-07, 22:40
Anyone heard of this latest craze amongst the kids. I believe its supposed to be where they jump onto the bonnet of a car and run over the roof and off again.........

All Ive got to say is I am glad I no longer park on the high school route as I have heard of this happening to cars already mind you my galaxy would not be the first choice of kids I think

This is something that has been done for many years , my personal experience with this was a friend did it on a car one night around 3am(10yrs ago) , and slipped on the codensation on the roof fell and broke his wrist and we spent 3 hours in A&E, needless to say i or he never tried it after that .:eek:

it was a very silly thing to do , even though it seemed like a fun idea to him at the time ..:lol:

botheed
21-Aug-07, 22:41
it will be harder to catch them now with the school uniforn they all look the same

Blazing Sporrans
22-Aug-07, 00:18
To my mind it's vandalism with a catchy new title... [disgust]

paris
22-Aug-07, 08:49
And you wonder why my generation shakes their heads at the younger generation, when they come out and say "Ban the Belt", & "its not the bairns faults, they have nothing else to do".
The little thugs are destroying property that is not their own, I bet they dont spider jump on the parents cars.
There are folk nowadays scared to leave their houses, and are scared to remonstrate with the little towrags incase they get physically attacked and murdered...Life and property mean nothing to these teenage hooligans, but in saying that....I dont know the solution
Totally agree there Golach, what is the answer ? jan x

johno
22-Aug-07, 11:58
Sooner or later these mindless vandals will grow up and get cars of their own. in eight or nine years time it will be very interesting to read their opinions then, when & if it happens to them. What goes around usually comes around.

j4bberw0ck
22-Aug-07, 13:23
Totally agree there Golach, what is the answer

Singapore has the answer. From Wikipedia:

"In Singapore, healthy males under 50 years of age can be sentenced to a maximum of 24 strokes of the rotan (rattan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rattan)) cane on the bare buttocks; the punishment is mandatory for over 30 offenses, mostly violent or sexual crimes, but also some immigration violations, drug violations and acts of vandalism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandalism). It is also imposed for certain breaches of prison (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison) rules. The punishment is also applied to foreigners, despite controversy in the West. Two examples which received intense media scrutiny are the canings in Singapore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore) in 1994 of Michael P. Fay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay), an American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) student who had vandalised several automobiles......"<snip>

And I bet Michael P Fay didn't do it again, either. The same solution is available, subject to politicians being brave enough, to deal with antisocial behaviour, petty crime and assaults. At the moment all society manages to do is hand out ASBOs and minimal detention sentences which are seen as badges of honour; taking the Singapore approach would I suspect be a far greater deterrent and could be done, importantly, without criminalising young offenders. Once they've a criminal record, they've got much reduced chances of getting a job. How about first offence, 6 strokes, second, 12, third, 18 and then after that start the criminal process?

Free hospital treatment afterwards, of course!

corgiman
22-Aug-07, 13:26
I dont see what good ASBO'S are anyway as I heard from someone who had the worlds worst neighbour that she was told they don't give out ASBO'S up here as it looks bad :eek:

Ricco
22-Aug-07, 14:40
Totally agree there Golach, what is the answer ? jan x

I also agree. I would do what I do with all spiders.... smack 'em with something large and heavy! :lol:

Margaret M.
22-Aug-07, 19:10
And I bet Michael P Fay didn't do it again, either.

Not in Singapore but he did get into trouble when he came back to the States. I can't recall the details but I'm sure be blamed the trauma he suffered in Singapore, for his woes.

sam
22-Aug-07, 19:22

if i caught them doing it to my car they would have my footprint stamped on their rear end :eek:

j4bberw0ck
22-Aug-07, 20:33
That's no doubt what the two people kicked to death by crowds of teenagers in recent weeks thought, too. Who do you think you are? Bruce Lee? And even if you did kick one and live, the police would arrest you and charge you with assault. Police common sense and discretion has become another casualty of political interference.

j4bberw0ck
22-Aug-07, 20:38
Not in Singapore

Funny, that!

but he did get into trouble when he came back to the States. I can't recall the details but I'm sure be blamed the trauma he suffered in Singapore, for his woes.

You're right, Margaret. I followed the Wikipedia link; butane abuse, drugs and alcohol, and a few other bits. Singapore must have sounded like a great excuse......

young_fishin_neep
22-Aug-07, 20:59
the whole jumping across the building things is called parkour (not sure on spelling) have to say i not heard about the jumping across cars but have to agree its a stupid idea and god knows how many kids are gona get injured doing it, i have to say i feel sorry for the car owners aswell as it could cause damage and that can be quite costly

kaz xxxx