PDA

View Full Version : Hamsters

georgegwf
21-Aug-07, 19:34
Free to a good home or homes roborovsky dwarf hamsters or if somebody can help me to sex them which is why i am in this mess

rhino
23-Aug-07, 18:21
georgegwf,

hold them in the palm of your hand and look at there bits(if you know what i mean!!!).

A female's bits!! will be reasonably close together and the male much further apart.

Best bet is to find someone to help you and compare two together, you will see the difference between the female and male. If the look the same then they will more than likely be the same sex.

Safest option is to contact Pets at Home at the retail park and they will help you. Some are still new to it themselves but others have more practice in it and they will be pleased to help you.

They might even buy them off you if they are young enough.

Hope this helps you out.:)

georgegwf
23-Aug-07, 19:50
I bought the hamsters from pets at home and they assured me that they were both males lo an behold six weeks later eight baby hamsters [evil]
Took them to pets at home and they couldn't tell them apart but thanks for the advice

corgiman
23-Aug-07, 20:02
is this any help?
http://www.petwebsite.com/hamsters/sexing_hamsters.htm

http://www.hamsterific.com/HamsterUniversity/SexingHamsters.html

georgegwf
23-Aug-07, 20:39
Cheers i,ll give them both a go and will let you know :)

rhino
23-Aug-07, 21:46
not so good, that doesnt help you much,

do you know who it was at Pets at Home?

if you contact Neil the Assistant Manager i am shure he would be able to help you out.

the pictures showed are really good standards and you should have no problems sorting them , hopefully.

georgegwf
26-Aug-07, 21:50
I am going to take them back to pets at home and see if they will take them off my hands:D (cue very unhappy children ) ohhh my ears are bleeding :eek:

corgiman
26-Aug-07, 21:53
as far as I am aware their policy is to take back babies caused by their mistake.

georgegwf
30-Aug-07, 12:35
Thankyou corgiman followed your link it has really good diagrams and i hope (please god) that i have now separated them into there respective gender's thankyou for your help:)

corgiman
30-Aug-07, 12:51
glad to hear it :D there is nothing worse than an unexpected population explosion :eek: