PDA

View Full Version : Mr Chow Yeng

JAWS
21-Aug-07, 13:08
Today I received an email from a certain Mr. Chow Yeng who informs me he is the director of operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. Hong Kong.

Should any of you receive a similar email it might be worth considering why a person capable of holding such a position would need your help to dispose of over 24 million dollars sitting in one of his banks which belonged to a dead person without relatives before it is taken by the Hong Kong Government.

He has carried out diligent research prior to concluding that I am just the very person to assist him and is offering me a 60% share of the money.

OOOH look! There goes a whole Squadron of Flying Pigs and every one is about to crash into my deleted file!
Personally I think that anybody who believes a scam like that deserves everything they lose for being so greedy and stupid.

With these scams, even if there is no request for money, it is not safe to make any reply at all to the email address provided, not even to tell them what plonkers they are.

Angela
21-Aug-07, 13:16
I agree, Jaws, it's soooooo very tempting to reply to point out you're not daft enough to fall for their scam -but much, much safer just to sit on your hands and ignore them.

j4bberw0ck
21-Aug-07, 13:22
JAWS, you might enjoy some of these: Nigerian scammers played at their own game (http://www.quatloos.com/cm-niger/nigerian_scam_letter_museum.htm).

I particularly recommend the Dr Elvis letter (http://www.quatloos.com/brad-c/elvis.htm), an exchange of emails between Dr Elvis, a Nigerian bank president, and a keen birdwatcher (and bird shooter). Enjoy :lol: .

thefugitive1993
21-Aug-07, 15:04
Today I received an email from a certain Mr. Chow Yeng who informs me he is the director of operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. Hong Kong.

Should any of you receive a similar email it might be worth considering why a person capable of holding such a position would need your help to dispose of over 24 million dollars sitting in one of his banks which belonged to a dead person without relatives before it is taken by the Hong Kong Government.

He has carried out diligent research prior to concluding that I am just the very person to assist him and is offering me a 60% share of the money.

OOOH look! There goes a whole Squadron of Flying Pigs and every one is about to crash into my deleted file!
Personally I think that anybody who believes a scam like that deserves everything they lose for being so greedy and stupid.

With these scams, even if there is no request for money, it is not safe to make any reply at all to the email address provided, not even to tell them what plonkers they are.

Jaws, I'm afraid you got it wrong with this one. When you failed to help him, Mr. Chow Yeng contacted me in desperation. A quick call to the Hang Seng Bank showed him to be 100% genuine. By the time we got to talking, he had upped his offer to 75% of the 24M.

The cash transferred uneventfully yesterday and I am off to the Carribean tomorrow. Sorry you missed out; but if you forward your account details and sortcode, I can pass on 1M by way of a goodwill gesture.

paris
22-Aug-07, 08:55
Guarantee i get one of these stupid emails every day ! Jan x:mad:

EDDIE
22-Aug-07, 10:58
The thing u have to watch most is when u open the email up with these silly scams your increase your risk of spyware getting into your pc