PDA

View Full Version : The Corvettes

barlinnie
23-Jul-05, 00:13
Hi, just registered with the forum. Does anyone remember a band called The Corvettes. They played several times in the Rosebank Hotel, Wick, during the late sixties. Sadly one of the band members was my brother Chris Sellers who was killed in a Road accident 1971. Can anyone also tell me if the Rosebank Hotel still exists. I have an LP that was recorded in the Rosebank and features my brothers band in a few of the tracks. :o)

George Brims
23-Jul-05, 00:30
The Rosebank closed down a few years ago (I believe after being damaged in a fire). The building was converted to flats.

Margaret M.
23-Jul-05, 02:19
Had some great times at the Rosebank. Sorry to hear about your brother.

katarina
23-Jul-05, 21:25
I remember the corvettes and I met your brother. I remember hearing about his death. Unfortunately the rosebank was bought by a certain family in Wick, and like so many of their other businesses, went up in flames. The building is now flats. When the rosebank closed it was the end of an era.

Are you still in touch with the other band members, especially the base player?

barlinnie
24-Jul-05, 00:04
Thank you all for your replies. Katarina I have not seen the other band members for years. I left Aberdeen after Chris died and settled in west central scotland. The Bass player was called Spike. Spike was driving the van on the night of the accident but I hasten to say that he was not at fault. I remember Chris talking about big Alasdair. I may be wrong but I think that it was Alasdair who made the recording "A Night At The Rosebank". It is a shame that the Rosebank is now closed; it was always my intention to visit it. I wonder if any of the other performers on this record are on this forum.

Fran
25-Jul-05, 01:24
Barlinnie.... I will tell 'big Alistair' about your post on here and get his comments and will post them back to you. :D

Ojibwa
25-Jul-05, 09:55
Hi my Dad remembers this band and lots of good nights at the rosebank.He was friends with Mike Chalmers who was in the band, I think Mike was best man at my Uncle's wedding.

katarina
29-Jul-05, 13:01
Big Alistair has heard about this posting. Unfortunately he is in hospital in Inverness, but sends his regards anyway!