PDA

View Full Version : Childhood leftovers, anyone?

helenwyler
20-Aug-07, 21:58
Normally I'm an upstanding if small 53-year-old adult;)...but...

...in Sainsbury's today I was wearing flipflops, ambling down the kitchenalia aisle... no-one about... when, without even meaning to, I leant both elbows on the trolley and started sliding ski-style down the aisle...

...then turned round and did a proper slide (still attached to the trolley) and then another till I got to the end of the aisle!!

Magic!! A few seconds of secret childish glee, ended by a "grown up" turning into the aisle[evil]...

Anyone else done something daft recently?

... or should I seek help??

jsherris
20-Aug-07, 22:03
A few weeks ago, I popped into town & while I was there, I got the little madam some pick n mix for when she came to vist......

I 'stole' a cola cube!
Couldn't resist! I had to wander round the shop looking like I wasn't sweet sucking, mind you, just in case I got tapped on the shoulder by security!

And if the weather had been better this year, I was planning a Pick Your Own strawberry day - where I was planning on eating 2 strawberries to every one in the basket, just like when I was a kid! [lol]

bluelady
20-Aug-07, 22:04
ooh you little devil you........... I slipped a pktof condoms and Ky jelly in a persons trolley when i was in a devilish mood and their face at e checkout, was a picture. :D

karia
20-Aug-07, 22:14
Normally I'm an upstanding if small 53-year-old adult..but...

...in Sainsbury's today I was wearing flipflops, ambling down the kitchenalia aisle... no-one about... when, without even meaning to, I leant both elbows on the trolley and started sliding ski-style down the aisle...

...then turned round and did a proper slide (still attached to the trolley) and then another till I got to the end of the aisle!!

Magic!! A few seconds of secret childish glee, ended by a "grown up" turning into the aisle..

Anyone else done something daft recently?

... or should I seek help??

Hi Helen,

Of course you should seek help!:roll:

You can't do proper 'trolley slides' without a designated 'look-out''!

YP karia!:Razz

neepnipper
20-Aug-07, 22:35
The other week I was on the beach with my dogs and there was no one else there so I ran as fast as I could through the shallows shouting 'woooo hoooooo'!!! at the top of my voice, the dogs thought I'd gone mad!

laguna2
21-Aug-07, 08:11
ooh you little devil you........... I slipped a pktof condoms and Ky jelly in a persons trolley when i was in a devilish mood and their face at e checkout, was a picture.

Wow ........... you are a little rascal [lol] [lol]

The Angel Of Death
21-Aug-07, 09:31
I slipped a pktof condoms and Ky jelly in a persons trolley when i was in a devilish mood and their face at e checkout, was a picture. :D

I done that to the mother in law the other week big family sized pack as well

Always amused my why the call them family packs when there designed to stop the family strange that isnt it :confused:

Also there is nothing better than knocking on someones door while your out for a walk we your wife and mother the look of sheer shock is brilliant !!! neither of them not knowing to run or not

Ohh and water pistols water bombs there all fun as well

As you can see at 28 there is still a lot of childishness in me and i cant see that changing anytime soon

BRIE
21-Aug-07, 09:58
ooh you little devil you........... I slipped a pktof condoms and Ky jelly in a persons trolley when i was in a devilish mood and their face at e checkout, was a picture. :D

hilarious!!!:lol: will have to remember that one!

BRIE
21-Aug-07, 10:04
my friend & I were out walking one day & got the urge to jump in puddles!! it was great fun & we were soaking!! :lol:

Lucy
21-Aug-07, 13:55
My mum was having visitors come up to stay with her for a few days for a family party, so decided that she had better go and buy some "refreshments" for them. My sister took her to Tesco and they loaded the trolley with beer, Vodka, Whisky etc. when they got to the check out while Mum was busy loading it onto the conveyer belt, my sister said in a rather loud voice "Do you think you could make that little lot last longer than a couple of days this time mum". Everyone looked round to see my mum with a very bright red face and my sister in stitches laughing.:lol:

bluelady
21-Aug-07, 14:44
[QUOTE] originally written by Angel of Death
Also there is nothing better than knocking on someones door while your out for a walk we your wife and mother the look of sheer shock is brilliant !!! neither of them not knowing to run or not

LOVE IT :lol:, id get caught nowadays though cos a) i'd be rooted to the ground in Hysterics and b) i cannae run these days any how. One night when i was a young lass, i tied fishing wire around 3 of the neighbours door knockers, the lamp post and on the front gate of the Irish woman across the road who kept various lodgers and on to her knockers.When one of em came home drunk and trying to creep in quietly, he pushed the gate which sprang back and made all the knockers, including hers all bang. She came out and give him a right row and me and my sisters were watching behind e bedroom curtains in hysterics.
im late 40's now and well into my second childhood, well we are all just bad really [lol]

mccaugm
21-Aug-07, 21:07
On the same vein I am led to believe (according to the gospel of my Wick born Hubbie) that there is something called "Kick e Doorie" night sometime around Halloween. The bairns (and maybe some slightly older) knock on doors and run away.

On a personal note I confess to dancing (sort of Highland fling stylee) around the sitting room to Wolfstone whilst my toddler son giggled. I then picked him up and spun him around ..the pair of us very dizzy by this point collapsed on the sofa giggling our heads of.:lol:

horseman
21-Aug-07, 21:20
Helen- I do that all the time-but only in company of g-children, then we all have races!
Bluelady-how could you;)

karia
21-Aug-07, 21:26
Oh Horseman...I might have known it was you!

Skirrlin' roun' the supermarket and encouraging the youngsters!:D

Good on ye pal!;)

Karia