PDA

View Full Version : Greetings everyone!!

Rheghead
22-Jul-05, 23:00
I am in New York City!! Having a great time. Wish you were all here. The temperature is 94 degrees . I have been to a lot of museums, all arty ones. Not missing Caithness yet. The contrast to Caithness cannot be starker yet there is a good community spirit here as well. I paid my respects at World trade centre today, very moving.
Back next week. I am in a internet cafe on West 35th street just around the corner of the Empire state building, now the highest building in New York.

Margaret M.
23-Jul-05, 01:35
Enjoy your stay -- take this weather back home with you. I'm escaping to Caithness next summer.

Rheghead
26-Jul-05, 12:18
I am back in Reay now, I had a great time and recommend NYC for a busy holiday. Every American that I spoke to was polite and respectful.

The only thing that marred my trip was 2 Neds from Cumbernauld started drinking beer and their duty-free on the plane. They gobbed off obsenities constantly to surrounding passengers including my missus. They ended up fighting between themselves 15 minutes from touchdown. They were told off by passengers and staff and were eventually seperated, one was rewarded by going to 1st class :eek:

What great ambassadors for Scotland we have in our midst [disgust]

rainbow
26-Jul-05, 12:42
I have been in New York twice - the first time I was up the twin towers on Independence Day (1/4 mile up), and the 2nd time I went by concorde. It is a brilliant city - so much to see and do - would recommend Ellis Island. The city is clean and the people are friendly. I never felt scard at any time, and even travelled on the subway the whole time with no fear what so ever. I will definately go back again it is like stepping into a film set!

2little2late
26-Jul-05, 17:15
I never go abroad for my holidays.
Too many foreigners. [lol] [lol]

Although I did go to USA once. Up stairs Attic. [lol]

weeboyagee
27-Jul-05, 10:04
Glad you had a good time Rheghead and back safe and sound! Never been in NYC but been to Washington DC, had a great time - temp about 80+, melted! Also a beautiful city. Would like to visit New York but closest I will get is looking at NY state next week from the other (Canadian) side of Niagra Falls. I can't wait, malcolmdog tells me temp is currently hovering between 90-100+. Beer has been in fridge chilling for past two weeks so I am told! They've probably started drinking it by now!!! :D