PDA

View Full Version : Immense Gratitude

Kingetter
20-Aug-07, 02:24
Immense Gratitude

Twice within a month I've had to call in an ambulance to get through to Caithness General Hospital. Both occasions, not only has response time been excellent, but the paramedics were just terrific. I pay tribute also to the Medical Staff at CGH as well.

With all that is criticised about NHS etc, I bear witness that at least here in Caithness, I've nothing but praise.

In the first case, a 90 + year old lady had a bit of a tumble, was helpless, in great pain and needed really careful handling, kindness and professionalism. She got all this from her paramedics that I'd been responsible for calling in.

In the second case, I was the recipient with severe trauma to neck and shoulders - I was in intense pain and virtually immobilised. I could not have imagined any finer assistance than I received.

My Immense Gratitude goes to the paramedics and Saff at CGH.

James.

Aaldtimer
20-Aug-07, 03:00
James, that is great to hear, better than the usual negativity. I'm hoping your recovery is progressing well, and that of the old lady. Thank you for making my day/night!

Kingetter
20-Aug-07, 03:05
James, that is great to hear, better than the usual negativity. I'm hoping your recovery is progressing well, and that of the old lady. Thank you for making my day/night!

Thanks. I think arthritis is spreading also - have it in lower spine and a wheelchair is 'my other car':)

Need time and rest, but now, pain tells me its pill and rest time, so night to you.

James.

helenwyler
20-Aug-07, 08:58
What a lovely positive post Kingetter!

I hear as many or more really great things about the NHS as I do bad things - but usually only the bad things get aired:(.

I hope your pain soon becomes more tolerable, and thanks for taking the time to post:)!

Lolabelle
20-Aug-07, 09:06
I hope you're OK, I am glad that you had a good response with medical assistance Kingetter. You take care of yourself. We need you about. ;)

Angela
20-Aug-07, 09:18
Kingetter, I do hope that you -and the old lady -are well on the way to recovery.

So thoughtful of you to take the time to post about this. Good things do happen, but very often folk don't bother to mention them, or trot out the "well, that's just how it should be" line.

I had to make use of the ambulance service several times in the years 2004-2006, and I also have nothing but praise for the professionalism and kindness of the paramedics.

Get better soon! :)

badger
20-Aug-07, 10:37
James - so good to hear something positive. We're all quick to criticise and often too slow to praise. Sorry to hear your pain is bad again and I'm sure this weather doesn't help - keep going and feel better soon.

Anne x
20-Aug-07, 11:51
refreshing to hear praise for a change towards the NHS
the paramedics do a great job
hope you continue to improve and the old lady

Elenna
20-Aug-07, 13:24
Yes, I agree...I have had interaction with the paramedics and the staff at CGH a number of times (especially this year) with respect to several of my children, and they have always been professional and caring. Best wishes for your recovery, James, and to the elderly lady.

Big Jean
20-Aug-07, 15:33
It was so good to read your positive post James, about the care you, and your neighbour, received from the medical services.
Hopefully it won't be long until you are pain free and back in full swing again.
Why is it criticism and negative statements seem to be so much easier for people to air ? It is much nicer to read something like this don't you think ?
As far as your "other car" goes, well, if it helps to keep you mobile, and gets you out and about, that is what matters most.
Rest and take care.

cuddlepop
20-Aug-07, 16:58
James it was good of you to share your positive experience with the NHS all too often we here nothing but criticisim.

Wish you and the little old lady a speedy recovery.Hopefully you'll get your pain management under control soon.:D

Ricco
20-Aug-07, 20:28
James - I do hope that things are improving and that a bit of ol' Pultney is helping to relieve the pain. What you need is a Japanese lady to massage your back and shoulders with some Japanese beer. If it is good for Kobe beef it must be good! :cool:

Alice in Blunderland
20-Aug-07, 20:40
May I also express my wishes for improvement. :)

I am glad you have been on the receiving end of such good care.

the charlatans
20-Aug-07, 21:15
Hear Hear Kingetter

Having been carted about myself and also with Bairn C i cannot praise the paramedics enough. They were comforting and professional and when your not a well bunny those boys and girls in the green jumpsuits are the people you want.

Would also like to say thanks to the ladies and gentlemen who donate the Linus Quilts which Bairn C was kindly wrapped in on his trip to Raigmore. This worried parent grately appreciated it. (Bairn C in good health now and everyone has commented on his lovely quilt)

Hope you and the lady are on the road to recovery Kingetter.

Fran
21-Aug-07, 01:04
Kingetter, it was so good to read your post. I fully agree with you, we are very lucky up here compared to other places. Caithness General have excellent staff, and not forgetting the great service provided by the Macmillan cancer care.

Kingetter
21-Aug-07, 06:52
James - I do hope that things are improving and that a bit of ol' Pultney is helping to relieve the pain. What you need is a Japanese lady to massage your back and shoulders with some Japanese beer. If it is good for Kobe beef it must be good!

Sadly Ricco, no "ol' Pultney" allowed while I'm on the current course of meds - though enough of it & I might not need any painkillers (until the hangover:D)
However, from my avatar, you may note that my 'liquid medicine' isn't from around here. A masssage later has appeal though and she can come from Japan if she likes. Keep the beer though - pills might just be causing some fluid retention but that's probably more information than you (or anyone else) cares to know![lol]

Kingetter
21-Aug-07, 07:04
Update on my neighbour.

She's doing way better than me and I don't resent that one bit - a 'no nonsense sort' who gets on with things and doesn't mope or wallow in 'why me?' stuff. Full of admiration for her. (Actually, I'm jealous as hell that she has improved so rapidly while my ailment might last a while, thus preventing me taking my limousine out for rides (well wheelchair anyway).

James.