PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Caithness

canuck
19-Aug-07, 21:25
To all my special caithness.org friends, thank you for your love of life. You have been a huge part of my decision to move to Scotland. My house is almost packed. One chair remains and I have a rocky old table for my computer. I leave my home on Tuesday to try my wings at being Scottish.

Of course I'll maintain all my Canadian loyalties and I am sure that admin will let me keep my user name on the org. It is going to be difficult to leave behind the org people I have met in Canada.

My first celebration in my new homeland will be at Dunnet Head on Wednesday. What a way to observe a birthday! But I have always said that Caithness does the best birthday parties. Watch out for a glow in the sky that evening. There will be 120 candles on the cake. (20 for me, 100 for G2! I guess if I want in the door I better amend that. ... Okay 57 for me. Now you can do the math.) I am still holding to the prediction which I made 6 weeks ago that August 22 will be the day of summer in Caithness.

It will be several weeks before I am internet connected again. Once things have settled down in Edinburgh I'll be back full time with the org family. In the meantime, enjoy the first weeks of the new school term, don't get too worked up over those conspiracy theories, listen to what Brandy has to say, be kind to grumpy old men, be musical and celebrate all things Caithnessian.

Finally, a special thanks to Bill Fernie and crew. Caithness.org has been a true treasure in my life.

karia
19-Aug-07, 21:31
Welcome home Canuck!

Karia

changilass
19-Aug-07, 21:40
Welcome back again Canuck

Big Jean
19-Aug-07, 21:44
Hi canuck,

Just want to wish you a safe journey .

Enjoy yourself in Scotland, which I am sure you will, and don't forget to keep that flag of ours close at hand . You might be required to wave it every now and again .

Make the most of your 'first' celebration, just forget the candles, they don't count ! I hope it does turn out to be a beautiful warm, sunny day, and I will be watching for the glow in the sky .

Take care . J.

bobsgirl
19-Aug-07, 21:47
Hi Canuck, hope you have a safe journey over.
It will be good to finally meet you if there is another Org night out on the cards.
Hoping for this good weather that you are predicting!! :cool:

porshiepoo
19-Aug-07, 21:51
Hi Canuck.

Good luck with the move.
Hope to meet you some time in the future.

Anne x
19-Aug-07, 21:53
what a lovely posting nice people in this world

good luck

lynne duncan
19-Aug-07, 21:53
and another comes home to the best soil in the world

NLP
19-Aug-07, 21:59
Canuck, have a safe journey and don't forget to pack your winter woolies.

horseman
19-Aug-07, 22:11
Canuck well done an may all your plans find kind seeds:D

jsherris
19-Aug-07, 22:41
You lucky, lucky thing!

Good luck with the move though - and have a nice birthday!
Julie
x

WeeBurd
19-Aug-07, 22:41
Wishing you a safe journey, Canuck, I'm sure there'll be a rare hoolie awaiting you at the lighthouse once you get here [lol]! What exciting times for you, all the best! xx

scorrie
19-Aug-07, 23:07
I am sure that admin will let me keep my user name on the org.

You could always compromise and become McCanuck. Might lead to some confusion and demands for tips about cars though ;o)

Safe journey and very best wishes for the future!!

scorrie
19-Aug-07, 23:10
There will be 120 candles on the cake. (20 for me, 100 for G2! I guess if I want in the door I better amend that. ... Okay 57 for me. Now you can do the math.)

Are you 317?

Margaret M.
20-Aug-07, 00:59
I wish you all the luck in the world, Canuck! I hope the move goes smoothly.

canuck
20-Aug-07, 01:19
Canuck, have a safe journey and don't forget to pack your winter woolies.

Thank you NLP. Actually they are in storage in Edinburgh right now waiting for my arrival. rich has been giving me the same advise for 3 years now and sandyr re-enforced it just a few weeks ago. These Caithnessians now living in Canada really appreciate our warm summers and central heating in the winter.

To everyone who has posted, thank you for your kind words.

Scorrie how in the world did you get 317? Watch out the math police will be after you!

JAWS
20-Aug-07, 01:27
Canuck leave land of Maple Leaf, fly away on big silver bird to land of Thistles. Mmm? Better make that land of Heather, make bed less prickly. :D
If you settle in as well as I have, Canuck, you will never want to leave Scotland again.

Kingetter
20-Aug-07, 03:08
"Lang may your lum reek"

(especially if it does it over here.)

James.

Lolabelle
20-Aug-07, 04:09
Good for you Canuck, it's good that you will be there for my visit. When we have another org get together. :Razz

Sporran
20-Aug-07, 04:30
"Lang may your lum reek"

(especially if it does it over here.)

James.

Kingetter, I hope you don't mind if I embellish that a bit.

"Canuck , lang may you lum reek in Auld Reekie".

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D

Have a good flight over to Scotland, and a wonderful birthday bash atop Dunnet Head! Many Happy Returns to you and Gleber2 when the time comes, Canuck! :)

Kingetter
20-Aug-07, 04:36
Kingetter, I hope you don't mind if I embellish that a bit.

Have a good flight over to Scotland, and a wonderful birthday bash atop Dunnet Head! Many Happy Returns to you and Gleber2 when the time comes, Canuck! :)

Sporran, don't mind at all, so long as she remembers she has 'roots' in Caithness which need to be revisited often.

James.

TRUCKER
20-Aug-07, 05:52
Welcome Back To The Fold Canuck.

nanoo
20-Aug-07, 12:33
Hi Canuck, I hope your move goes smoothly and you will be back on line with us at the soonest possible. I'll watch out for that glow in the sky. Meantime, Welcome to Gods country.;):roll:

Elenna
20-Aug-07, 12:38
It will be great to have you back to stay, Canuck! Warm wishes that your move goes smoothly, and I'll hope to see you soon!

golach
20-Aug-07, 12:44

Sporran, the next line is the best, "With ither fowks coal" [lol]

But all the best on your adventure Canuck, see you soon

Gleber2
20-Aug-07, 12:55
Really looking forward to our combined birthday concert, Reverend Lady. As you requested, Zebedy will be playing as will Tierce de Picardie.
Any of Canuck's friends or mine who would like to be here on Wednesday, send me a PM.

canuck
20-Aug-07, 14:31
Well this is me signing out for awhile. I am about to take my modem back to the cable company. So, I won't be getting messages for several days now.

Thank you again for all of your good wishes.

trix
20-Aug-07, 14:46
welcome bak til scotland canuck and happy birthday - many happy returns.
i look forward til meetin ye at e litehoose - ye sure are in for a treat :D

Sporran
20-Aug-07, 19:21
Canuck, I've written a limerick for you! :)

There is a Reverend Lady, Canuck
To whom we all wish the best of luck
Soon she'll be on a plane
To her new Scottish hame
Our dear Canadian friend, Canuck.

candyfloss
20-Aug-07, 19:47
Good luck on your move Canuck and happy birthday when its comes :D

Ricco
20-Aug-07, 20:25
Canuck, you have made a move that has been stimulated by the desire to serve the will of God and your heart. I am sure that it is the right one and that you will enjoy yourself immensely. Welcome to Pictland and I hope that we may meet next summer if I can get my way over the holiday destination. ;)

Alice in Blunderland
20-Aug-07, 20:36
Canuck may you have a safe journey and a great time now that you have made the move. :)

Bobbyian
20-Aug-07, 20:44
Canuck take care have a safe journey and don`t travel faster than your guardian Angel best of luck for you in the future Bob

Moira
20-Aug-07, 20:50
Canuck - have a safe journey "home". I look forward to welcoming you to Caithness again on Wednesday.

You'll be able to keep in touch with Caithness.org while you're here - Broadband is alive & well in Caithness - unless BT lets me down badly - but they wouldn't dare.... would they?

Foxy
20-Aug-07, 21:15
Canuck have a safe journey and i hope you have packed your winter woolies. :)

the charlatans
20-Aug-07, 21:22
Canuck safe journey and hope you get settled in soon.

You might get to stay in the whole night for the Quiz instead of wheeling around in that magical revolving door of yours!

All the very best for your new venture and your birthday. Dunnet Head is currently being pressure washed ready for your arrival on Wednesday. (we've a wee gale and a bit of rain tonight)

Moira
20-Aug-07, 22:17
Alas Charlatans - Canuck will be back in Auld Reekie by Sunday :~( While she's here though, we aim to keep her weatherproofed & happy. Will you be at the birthday party Wednesday? It looks like my work committments may keep me away :mad: