PDA

View Full Version : water agian!

brandy
22-Jul-05, 09:18
ok now this is bugging me 8:30 in the morning when you are getting bathes and showers and making breakfast the water turns copper again! what is up with this! just wondering are their any notices any where that says they are going to be working on it at such and such a time.. cause i did not see it!

brandy
22-Jul-05, 09:41
just called the water autority and have never been so discusted in my life! the lass was friendly enough but told me the same thing in about 50 dif ways..
well first she checked the area and said that there was no work going on.. then she asked if i knew of any work in the area.. i said well theres loads of work going on in the town .. they are builiding argos and road works.. she said oh that must be it.. when they drill it may disturb the pipes and the sedement is disturbed and washed into the houses.. *grrr* but dont worry its perfectly safe and just run the kitchen tap till it clears may take up to an hour and a half though.. and then i say safe? but it cant be healthy.. i said i personally do not like to eat dirt.. oh its not dirt its sedement she replies.. :eek:
and why are the pipes not filtered? oh some are but not all...
yes well i give my children water to drink.. and wash my clothes and take baths .. and i can personally say that i do not want sedement to be a part of that!
think of all that rusty colored sedement in your washing.. bet that would be fun wouldnt it.. oh its harmless... all my whilte are not perm stained.. but dont worry wont hurt you
[mad] goes off to rant and rave steam blowing out ears

rfr10
22-Jul-05, 11:05
There are a lot of water pipes being worked on in Wick just now like the new pipe going out the South Road which could be affecting the water supply if you live in this area. I have heard that the people doing this work are not very good at it and they actually burst a water pipe wile working here.

unicorn
22-Jul-05, 12:15
slightly different problem but is anyone experiencing skin problems after bathing or showering in the Thurso area just now? I have always had slightly sensitive skin but right now it is crazy I am at a point where i dread getting into the shower! the last week has been worse than usual I have a bright red blotchy rash after showering and the itching was so bad the other night I thought I was going to go mad. I covered myself with E45 itch relief cream and went to lie down on bed cos it was only cold place I could find! Do they add anything different to the water in the summer months? maybe I just have odd skin???? I was gonna see doctor about it but just wanted to see if anyone else is having problems. I have tried showering using only water but it doesnt make a lot of difference. I used to think it was a chlorine allergy as I cannot go swimming here either but it doesnt affect me in pools abroad and the place I stay I have seen them add chlorine to the pool every few days so I'm not so sure thats what it is now.

Naefearjustbeer
22-Jul-05, 12:29
Hmm! our water is not as nice as it used to be we drink bottled water these days. Sometimes if I run a hot bath the bathroon smells like the swimming pool a strong chemical smell, its not nice. We have complained in the past but with no joy. They told us that if there is a leak somewhere the workmen will dose the water to make sure any germs are killed downstream. Not happy paying water rates for water that is not fit to drink.

unicorn
22-Jul-05, 12:32
i also drink only boiled or bottled and animals also get bottled cos i dont think its fit to drink but I cant fill a bath with bottled water! :eek:

Naefearjustbeer
22-Jul-05, 12:38
I can see your problem, Our daughter has sensitive skin and broke out with exema when we were staying in dornoch we put it down to a change it the water from her showering.

unicorn
22-Jul-05, 12:57
Is she having any skin problems with the water at the moment? I was going to get in touch with the water board but if i am the only person there is no point really..

brandy
22-Jul-05, 14:31
have noticed the baby's skin has gotten worse in the past week.. he has excema but has not had a spot in the past month.. until about 3 days ago... just thought it was another break out.. but hmmmm water water everywhere!

unicorn
22-Jul-05, 15:19
it was 3 days ago I was at my worst I have never itched so much it was horrible thats why I wondered if they add extra stuff to the water at this time?

Julia
22-Jul-05, 15:55
i also drink only boiled or bottled and animals also get bottled

Sorry for only half a story but you shouldn't give bottled water to dogs, the only problem is I can't remember why!

unicorn
22-Jul-05, 16:12
The dogs actually get it filtered, the cat only drinks rainwater :eek: strange animal :confused and all other pets get bottled

George Brims
22-Jul-05, 18:25
Julia wrote

Sorry for only half a story but you shouldn't give bottled water to dogs, the only problem is I can't remember why!

Come to Calfiornia Julia, where they sell special bottled water for cats and dogs in assorted flavours (nice drop of tuna water, anyone?). But what do you expect in a place that elected the Governator...

Has anyone read the recent report on the prevalence of deformed genitals in male babies being correlated with the level of a chemical from plastic containers in the mother's blood? I always suspected drinking water out of plastic bottles was gong to turn out a bad idea in the long run.