PDA

View Full Version : ice lollies of the past

rhino
18-Aug-07, 23:14
anyone know were you can get toffee crumbles?

whats your fav?

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Aug-07, 23:20
Snow idea, but there's a few I miss very much. Used to love the original Mr. Man lollies, adore Orange Maids - are they still around? - but my personal all-time fave is the Strawberry Mivvy. I mention this, as I used to always get one from an usher during the changing of the film reels at Thurso Picture House.

jsherris
18-Aug-07, 23:20
Rhino,
You'll have to excuse me, but do you have a 'Farmfoods' anywhere near you?
You can get Toffee Crumble ice lollies in Farmfoods!

I don't know about up there, but down here, the Farmfood shops are always with a Lidl - normally they share the same plot - I asked because I know you have a Lidl up there......

Anyways, in our Farmfoods here, you can still get them

Julie
x

Anne x
18-Aug-07, 23:22
mind mivvies oh the strawberry

rhino
18-Aug-07, 23:25
thanks

will get some in inverness next time im down. might melt by the time im home!! maybe will have to eat them all first !!! hmmm.

anneoctober
18-Aug-07, 23:27
you used to get raspberry mivvis, but I dont think they were as popular as the strawberry ones.......hhmmmmm
BUT I'd kill for a "midnight mint" :evil
Have n't seen them for yonks.........:~(

catnip
18-Aug-07, 23:30
HAUNTED HOUSE ICE LOLLY
Do not know who made them but they were a white lolly with a picture of a ghost or skeleton on them.

rhino
18-Aug-07, 23:40
what about rock around the choc

weeksider
18-Aug-07, 23:57
Was doon in Inverness today @ farmfoods and bought them & mivvies and put in my freezer bags ,with the other stuff i bought ,for the trip home , took out @ home still perfect then put in freezer.

Buttercup
19-Aug-07, 12:37
I remember a lolly we used to get as bairns in the late 50's/early 60's. Unfortunately I can't mind the name but it had a picture of a pink elephant on the wrapper of the strawberry one, a brown elephant on the chocolate one and a yellow elephant on the banana one. They were a type of "milk" lolly but not like the ice cream ones you get today more the texture of a water ice and they had the usual lolly shape if you know what I mean. :lol:

spiggie
19-Aug-07, 16:51
awwwwwww toffe crumbles were the best. I loved mivis too, you get splits not they are just the same! When i was little i loved the ice lollie that was in the shape of a foot with chocolate nails yum!

telfordstar
19-Aug-07, 21:03
hi all just to let you all know i was in meiklejohns today and in thier freezer they have toffee crumbles, strawberry mivis, the maid lolly the orange one and zoom lollys which i havnt seen in years and the midnight mint feasts as well:D

rhino
19-Aug-07, 22:21
nice one,

will call in there tomorrow

thankyou kindly

BRIE
20-Aug-07, 14:13
what ever happened to cider lollies? ooh I loved them!!;)

angela5
20-Aug-07, 14:19
Whatever happened to Zoom lollies?

nanoo
20-Aug-07, 14:30
Whatever happened to Spearmint flavour lolly (traditional shape) it was a lovely shade of Blue and i thought they were delicious.[lol]:lol:

Buttercup
20-Aug-07, 15:29
Whatever happened to Spearmint flavour lolly (traditional shape) it was a lovely shade of Blue and i thought they were delicious.[lol]:lol:

Henry Cardosi "bottom Joes" used to make his own lollies in late 60's and they were small round ones and only 2d each. Two of my favourites were the (blue) spearmint and (black) licquorice ones.

pulteney person
20-Aug-07, 21:31
Cider lollies were lovely.

Does anyone remember 'Lolly Gobble Choc Bomb' which was a chocolate ice lolly with a solid chocolate centre I think.

What about 'Captain Soda' which was a greenish coloured ice lolly and it was YUK!!!

I had forgotten about Toffee Crumble, they were lovely.

ks
20-Aug-07, 21:36
I liked the finger one - shaped like a hand with one finger pointing upwards, it was strawberry flavoured.

neepnipper
20-Aug-07, 21:52
I used to get many years ago a lemonade lolly like the ones you get now but they had a centre of hard sherbert, absolutely yummy!

Fabs are fab! Think you can still get them!

ecb
21-Aug-07, 10:25
In the 1970s my favourite ice-lolly was the Lord Toffingham, an ice lolly on a stick. Chocolate coated, toffee-flavoured caramel-coloured ice cream, with a soft toffee middle - delicious.

http://www.bringitback.ecclesweb.co.uk/bringitback/viewtopic.php?p=17972&sid=534167852cab2ec24b90f60228a369c0