PDA

View Full Version : My Polly Pockets

thefugitive1993
18-Aug-07, 19:34
Perhaps this thread already exists, I have been away for a wee while and away from the internet ( and too lazy to search thoroughly).

I put on the TV News the other day, the main news mind you, and it was full of controversy returning some little toys that might break if you played with them. They even dredged up some mum, that had spent 2 hours on a helpline (does she have a life?) trying to find out which broken toys to return to the manufacturer.

Is it only me, or does this seem like less than a national emergency?

Perhaps I am something of a hypocrite to drag it up again!

johno
18-Aug-07, 21:29
naw not at all thats what you think so you just go with it. your life ,[lol]

JAWS
19-Aug-07, 01:04
I think it's Mattel who have had problems with some toys made for them in China. As a result the usual problem of the panic merchants waking up and screaming, "There's going to be a disaster, we're all going to die!"
The poor dears can't help it, they had a very traumatic experience as babies. They were gurgling happily away in their prams when somebody crept up and said, “Boo!”
They were so terrified that they think the experience should be shared by everybody.

Besides, the comedians in Parliament are taking their far too short summer break at the moment so the Media have little else to talk about. It’s what they call “The Silly Season”.