PDA

View Full Version : caravans

sharon
18-Aug-07, 15:56
cant wait!! to i get my brand new Bailey Bretagne caravan on Wednesday!!!!

where do all the Caithness caravanners put there caravans over the winter?

looking for indoor storage which the closest I could find was in Perth. I may have to consider just getting a cover for outdoor storage, does anyone know off storage close by? ideally secure to help with the insurance!!

dragonfly
18-Aug-07, 16:11
Hi Sharon, there is nowhere locally that does caravan storage as a business. We managed to get ours stored over the winter in a very nice farmers barn. If you ask about you may find another nice farmer somewhere with space in a barn...........good luck

Rampant Rabbit
18-Aug-07, 16:16
try a cave we have loads up here

lasher
18-Aug-07, 16:38
yippee!! get my brand new Bailey Bretagne caravan on Wednesday!!!!

looking for indoor storage which the closest I could find was in Perth. I may have to consider just getting a cover for outdoor storage, does anyone know off storage close by? ideally secure to help with the insurance!!

I suggest over a cliff, be one less to get stuck behind on the road then!:lol:

johno
18-Aug-07, 16:58
think there,s a crusher in Thurso. or try Jeremy Clarkson. recall him lifting them from a great height and dropping them. :eek: [lol]

cuddlepop
19-Aug-07, 17:15
[quote=sharon;258296]cant wait!! to i get my brand new Bailey Bretagne caravan on Wednesday!!!!

Hi Sharon,
Mr cp said not to put a caravan cover over your van as all you'll do is trap moisture.
A good coat of wax polish wil keep water at bay as well as nasty black streaks.Make sure you have dealer reseal all gutters,windows and other bits every three to five years and your van will remain damp free for years....

Enjoy your caravan.
PS me thinks Johno is secretly jealous;)

johno
19-Aug-07, 18:05
[quote=sharon;258296]cant wait!! to i get my brand new Bailey Bretagne caravan on Wednesday!!!!

Hi Sharon,
Mr cp said not to put a caravan cover over your van as all you'll do is trap moisture.
A good coat of wax polish wil keep water at bay as well as nasty black streaks.Make sure you have dealer reseal all gutters,windows and other bits every three to five years and your van will remain damp free for years....

Enjoy your caravan.
PS me thinks Johno is secretly jealous;)ha ha , wont work im not rising to that one.[lol]

sharon
20-Aug-07, 08:05
thanks to the people with kind words, and pms! experience of our short time caravanning the majority of caravanners are considerate, very friendly and helpful unlike some :roll:, and looking forward to many years of happy camping!:Razz

Lolabelle
20-Aug-07, 09:39
thanks to the people with kind words, and pms! experience of our short time caravanning the majority of caravanners are considerate, very friendly and helpful unlike some :roll:, and looking forward to many years of happy camping!
Good for you sharon, we love our van, and when we come over we might just hire one and harrass all you stick in the mud, whinging fast drivers who hate caravans hh, hh. Ooohhhh the fun to be had!! :evil

the charlatans
20-Aug-07, 21:52
a BRAND new one you say?

well i think i have a wee spot on my drive that might look lovely with a brand new Bailey on it. swap you my new to us on Thursday 14 year old one.

i am turning to the dark side - we're getting a caravan too. i will only travel at night and am changing my name to Mildred. however we tried camping with Bairn C this summer and it seemed to be so much easier to have a caravan than a tent that he thought was a big cot with mummy and daddy and the dog sleeping in - it was a nightmare.

i still reserve the right to hate caravan drivers with a vengence, especially on the A9.

however......turn to the dark side i will.