PDA

View Full Version : London Again

Tugmistress
21-Jul-05, 14:46
Some people are really sick, I am glad the nail bomb didn't go off properly, just a detonator thankfully and the nails stayed where they were.

[mad]

mentallywinnie
21-Jul-05, 16:36
:confused
I can't watch tv at the moment, sat through hours of it 2 weeks ago and today has made my stomach turn watching it.
Glad I don't know anyone in London but thinking of those that do :(

Donnie
21-Jul-05, 16:51
Some people are really sick, I am glad the nail bomb didn't go off properly, just a detonator thankfully and the nails stayed where they were.

[mad]

I'd maybe wait for all the facts to be released. The nail bomb thing seems to be hearsay.

Tugmistress
21-Jul-05, 17:04
I'd maybe wait for all the facts to be released. The nail bomb thing seems to be hearsay.[/quote]

maybe so, but it is still a case of another 4 explosions, no matter how major or minor, maybe intended that way maybe not... who knows except the sick people doing it.

just taken this from annanova....

'Blasts were almost simultaneous'

The situation in London is coming "under control" after bombers caused terror with four more explosions across the capital, police said.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair stressed that the blasts appeared to be the result of "broadly conventional" weapons at this stage with no evidence of a chemical attack.

He told reporters: "The situation is now coming fully under control.

"We have all four scenes of the incidents confirmed and confined.

"We have no evidence at the present time, nothing to indicate any kind of attack which involves chemicals or anything else."

Comparing the latest incidents to the July 7 attacks, Sir Ian said: "These are smaller devices, some of them have not gone off properly. We may have recovered forensic material. It may be important to our investigation."

The attacks were "pretty close to simultaneous", Sir Ian said.

fred
21-Jul-05, 19:12
maybe so, but it is still a case of another 4 explosions, no matter how major or minor, maybe intended that way maybe not... who knows except the sick people doing it.

It's hard to say for sure but it's looking more like the people behind the bombings are not sick, it's looking like the bombings are a well planned military operation which is rather worrying.

Unlike previous terrorist attacks in England like Horseguards Parade or the Brighton Bombings, which were which were one offs and done for effect, it looks to me like this is a sustained attack on the transport system of London and if it is then the affects could be devastating. London just can't function without moving vast numbers of people backwards and forwards every day, knock out the transport system and you knock out the city.

I would think that investors in London based companies are getting very nervous right now and if they start to panic anything could happen.

golach
22-Jul-05, 00:37
Who are you pointing the finger at this time Fred?

Rheghead
22-Jul-05, 01:54
I would think that investors in London based companies are getting very nervous right now and if they start to panic anything could happen.

The markets have stabilized if not improved today, I guess they have realised that chaos in the stockmarket is what the bombers want.

fred
22-Jul-05, 09:44

The markets have stabilized if not improved today, I guess they have realised that chaos in the stockmarket is what the bombers want.

Strange how incidents like the London bombings can result in a rise in share prices.

It almost makes you wonder if maybe the market is being propped up.

Rubha_an_Tuir
22-Jul-05, 13:34
The more I read and hear about the bombing 2 weeks ago, the more I'm convinced the bombers weren't meant to be suicide!! Sure they Knew they were carrying explosives, bombs even, but I don't think they knew they were going to be martyrs. I think they were patsy's/carriers and the boss/leader pushed the button by remote.
I'm not saying this is true, it's just a theory that stands up in some areas of scrutiny.

Beppo91
02-Aug-05, 05:53
i cant believe the things which are going on in london at the moment my dad is in london with his girlfriend so i especially am glad the bombs didnt go off :eek: :~(