PDA

View Full Version : Still Game

quirbal
17-Aug-07, 20:38
Did anyone watch it last night. In my opinion it was the worst in the series. I was thoroughly disappointed.:~(

karia
17-Aug-07, 20:43
Hi quirbal,

Missed it last night but aiming to watch the repeat on Sunday.

What was bad ? Was it just not funny or what?:(

Karia

lagertops
17-Aug-07, 21:49
Seem to be running out of ideas.Saying that next week might be a belter.

scorrie
17-Aug-07, 22:41
Did anyone watch it last night. In my opinion it was the worst in the series. I was thoroughly disappointed.:~(

I have already stated that I thought the series started poorly but last week I hoped things might be picking up. I thought they were very accurate in their observation of the small shopkeeper (Navid) losing his customers to the Hyper Markets, there was even a reference to the racist attitude present in the 70's and the famous tick books. It all struck me as being better written than the previous episodes of this series. Then last night we were treated to a wafer thin story with every stereotype in the book and a negative ending, where the little guy had the big guy by the short and curlies, only to go back on the drink and end up back in the gutter. The message that came across is that alkies can never escape and it is funny that they are so pathetic. Poor stuff, in my opinion.

Loafer
18-Aug-07, 10:36
I laughed ou loud all the way through myself!!

One man's meat is anothers poison I suppose!

The Loafer

pentlander
18-Aug-07, 10:57
Glad I spotted this thread as I thought it was just me. When, as in the hypermarket episode, they get it right it is the best thing on the telly. Still funny in places but not it's usual standard.

spiggie
18-Aug-07, 18:39
Story line wasnt that good but the humour was still there :)

johno
18-Aug-07, 18:53
aye, the last of this series was a bit of a let down but it was still better than most of the rubbish shown. maybe still game has run its course.
For all that it was a brilliant series and i still laugh as i make my way back through the dvd,s of the old series. [lol]

angela5
18-Aug-07, 18:56
I haven't chuckled much at this series so far....:~(

Metalattakk
18-Aug-07, 22:23
aye, the last of this series was a bit of a let down but it was still better than most of the rubbish shown. maybe still game has run its course.
For all that it was a brilliant series and i still laugh as i make my way back through the dvd,s of the old series. [lol]

It's not the last one of this series, there's at least one more next Thursday.

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Aug-07, 03:11
Bring back Scotch & Wry!

Metalattakk
19-Aug-07, 03:49
Absolutely.

Search for "McGlashan" on YouTube. I'd post the links but there's sweary words an' all that. ;)

lasher
19-Aug-07, 10:22
I laughed ou loud all the way through myself!!

One man's meat is anothers poison I suppose!

The Loafer
Have to agree with you, thot it was pretty funny.

Anne x
19-Aug-07, 16:52
I like it !! this series not as good though may get a cracker for The last episode :lol:

horseman
19-Aug-07, 20:57
Saw the post STILL GAME
Thought-what!who-guilty conscience or what-best play safe an hide it from mrs h. anne says it is cracker but that is finished now
metal is offering to curse at us all!!!(I got zapped for that last time)
Pepsi advocates scotch-nothing wrong with that-
Scorrie-ye leave me alone but
Im' no watching next week if lagertops is in it.
No idea karia- never watch the junk!;)

karia
19-Aug-07, 21:28
Hi horseman,

Methinks you doth protest (and know) too much!:lol:

Karia

scorrie
19-Aug-07, 23:02
Bring back Scotch & Wry!

Might be a bit difficult Pepsi, poor Rikki Fulton popped his clogs!!

johno
19-Aug-07, 23:19
It's not the last one of this series, there's at least one more next Thursday.
Aw well i,ll be sure to watch it. thank.s for that.:cool:

the charlatans
20-Aug-07, 21:04
I missed the last scene of this on Thursday due to Bairn C screaming so missed the end. But i didn't think it was the funniest in the series, the hypermarket was a belter and i loved the one in the park. The last series was the same, half sheer brilliance, the other half tired and rubbish.

Still think that the take they have on the elderly generation is brilliant, some of the scenes are well true to life, like the fuss they make over a wee cup of tea and tunnocks caramel wafers is spot on.

And i about peed ma pants laughing when Jack called Winston a One legged fat (insert sweary word).

So aye, another series please.