PDA

View Full Version : Distant memories

Lindarabett
21-Jul-05, 10:47
I've spent the last 2 days reading many of the postings, and what a trip down memory lane a lot of them are! Having been dragged away from Wick over 20 years ago by my mum, I can now look back on things that were part of my life at one time. I had such a laugh reading about the superstitions surrounding Wick, especially about the grey lady at the North School. I too remember running round the scholl at night, only to have the jannie chase us! And the posting about the link, where you can get a picture of schooldays from way back- what a scream!!

My memories of Wick are mainly happy ones, until we left. Now, over 20 years later, I still feel I haven't settled, even though I have a lovely family of my own. I don't have many pictures of Wick from my childhood, which makes it difficult to describe things and the fun of things such as the galas, the trinkie etc.

I would appreciate it if anyone could forward pictures, from 1975 to 1983, including school photos (North School) and of course first year photos from Wick High in 1983. I would especially appreciate photos from old sea-cadet members from 1983, including the camp at Foyers. members were Freda Tait, Roy, Gary Bain (i think), Susan Smith, Alan, along with many others, and of course "Clink" aka Alistair Rosie.

keep up with the fun topics and the serious ones. With luck, I might get up with the family one day for a proper trip down memory lane!