PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit Thief In Wick>>>>>>>>>

justine
17-Aug-07, 10:28
well i have been out to clean and feed my rabbits which i do on a daily basis, and have found for the second time in two weeks that someone has pinched another of my rabbits.....She is a grey and white striped lop with slight black lines through her fur....She has been taken from her enclosure, which is secure enough to know that she has not dug her way out, and as i have six other rabbits full grown and she was my one remaining baby that i9 was jkeeping and she belonged to one of my children, i want people to be on the look out for her....I would like to get her back...To the person who has taken her please put her back, we miss her....[evil]

spiggie
17-Aug-07, 10:31
That is absolutley shocking! :O why would anybody do that? it must be so frutsrating and heartbreaking! where abouts do you stay? perhaps installing a security light might deter them horrid people!

justine
17-Aug-07, 10:33
That is absolutley shocking! :O why would anybody do that? it must be so frutsrating and heartbreaking! where abouts do you stay? perhaps installing a security light might deter them horrid people!

we have one, and they all have padlocks on their hutches and enclosures so the person knew exactly what they were doing...we are in pultney side of wick....and yes it is shocking especially as i have just rehomed 8 babies for free and they steal the one that my kids wanted to keep..;...sick and disgrasefull is what i call it...

crayola
17-Aug-07, 10:48
where abouts do you stay? A bit of advice justine, don't answer that question on the forum. Ach, too late!

I don't know you in real life but I've read your posts on the forum so I know a lot about you, including all the details you've just posted and a good bit more. If I can pick up all that information without paying much attention to your posts then just think what a rabbit thief can find out.

Everyone, be very careful when posting personal details on theforum. I'm not even sure I should be posting this.

PS I hope you get your rabbits back.

corgiman
17-Aug-07, 11:02
Justine that little one is so striking and unusual in colour that I guarantee you if I see her anywhere I will recognise her.

justine
17-Aug-07, 11:06
whather people know my details is irrelevent.No-one has the right to enter peoples property and steal their pets...I have advertised 8 babies free to a good home and rehomed them all so why come and take the most unusaul rabbit that belongs to children who love and adore her....

Persephone
17-Aug-07, 11:12
oh my god, this is ridiculous! Do you guys have your rabbits enclosed in your back gardens with a gate etc? And people are breaking in to your garden to get to the rabbits?

crayola
17-Aug-07, 11:15
whather people know my details is irrelevent.It's not irrelevant if the rabbit thief identified you and figured out where you live from your posts on the forum. I could probably find your house in 5 minutes from the information you've posted on here.

No-one has the right to enter peoples property and steal their pets...No-one will argue with that.

I have advertised 8 babies free to a good home and rehomed them all so why come and take the most unusaul rabbit that belongs to children who love and adore her....Because they are bad people and bad people do bad things?

You may accept or reject my advice as you wish, it is offered in good faith.

I'm truly sorry you've lost another rabbit and I feel for your kids. I sincerely hope you get both of them back happy and healthy soon.

justine
17-Aug-07, 11:21
i accept your advise but at the end of the day i have the right to put my rabbits out in enclosures and they shouldbe safe...Most ppeople would know me even if they have never seen me by my posts..

I know a few by their posts but i would not go and steal something from them just because it was their...Well the police are coming here to find out and the pet shop has been informed and i will make it hard for them to do much with her...But i have to break it to the kids when they get back from school that someone has stolen another of their rabbits....they will be devasted...

justine
17-Aug-07, 11:23
oh my god, this is ridiculous! Do you guys have your rabbits enclosed in your back gardens with a gate etc? And people are breaking in to your garden to get to the rabbits?

Ye secure and safe as the older rabbits all 6 of them are still here.They are just targeting the babies...I do believe that it is someone who has seen the rabbit and as she is the most unusaul coluored rabbit i have ever seen she is not hard to identify....We will have to wait and see..

corgiman
17-Aug-07, 11:24
ok Justine's baby is not exactly the same as this picture but this is an idea of the mottling she has as she is a magpie. This is a very unusual colour so not a smart bunny to steal as you honestly would notice her if you saw her. it is a beautiful mottling of black grey and white
http://rabbits-online.co.uk/August%2029%202003%20425.jpg
hope this helps Justine.
ps I do not know who owns rabbit in picture I just found pic online.

johno
17-Aug-07, 11:50
hi Justine, sorry to hear of your dilemma, I do know you & know where you stay but i would never reveal any of your detail,s. Stealing is stealing regardless of what it is that has been stolen. Knowing where you are i cannot think that its any other than kids thats doing this.
Hope you get your kiddies pet back as they must be missing her/him.
Ps. on a brighter note if you called the bunny starsky you already got hutch.
could had the case solved by now.:eek:

111heather
17-Aug-07, 11:51
hi justine sorry to hear that some one stole your rabbit. as one who got one free from you just resently i know what it looks like an if i see it i will let you know. it is a lovely bunny.and unusual.hope you get it back soon.

corgiman
17-Aug-07, 12:01
another magpie picture
http://www.miniaturelops.com/mediac/400_0/media/Magpie.jpg

justine
17-Aug-07, 12:56
Thanks guys...I do hope that we get her back.If anyone has the number for balmore i want to give them a ring incase she turns up there...

Johno i know you would not disclose any of my information, but i have stated that if people know where and who i am that still gives no-one the right to help themselves to my animals...Some think well it is only a rabbit but she was more than that to my family....She is a beautiful rabbit and very unusaul...I just hope that if the person who took her looks after her well.If they would like to return her put her back in the middle of the night as that seems to be when you are up and about......We will see what the police have to say, when they get here....

Thanks 111heather. How is your bunny doing....

corgiman
17-Aug-07, 13:09
balmore 01847861386

justine
17-Aug-07, 13:15
balmore 01847861386

Cheers corgiman..I have rung them and gave them a discription of her so if they do happen to get a call saying that someone has found a rabbit then i might get her back....But i think the chances are that i wont. I just hope they look after her and can live with the fact that they have stolen a very much loved pet by myself and my children.....

justine
17-Aug-07, 14:08
Thats pretty shocking that someone would steal your baby rabbit Justine. Like you say they must have known what they where after or they would have taken all of your rabbits.

I hope you get your baby rabbit back Justine. :(

Cheers.i agree they knew exactly which one they were after as i have 6 adult rabbits. She is only 16 weeks old now so she is still a small bundle of fluff....Like i said before i hope they can live with what they have done...Someone mentioned it could be kids but it was after midnight when it went so i am thinking some sad adult....the hardest thing is i have reared her with the help of her mum since day one, she is one of my own bred rabbits and i miss her terribly....i have put many hours of sitting with them gaining their trust and it has broken my heart that they have taken her....we had one stolen two weeks ago but could not prove it but now i am sure someone is after my bunnies, well they wont get the chance because i am gonna bring them back in to the house...

corgiman
17-Aug-07, 15:07
I have heavy hasps and padlocks on all my outdoor hutches and they are always kept locked when rabbits are in the hutches. I know it doesn't help if someone is very determined but the dog would let me know someone was about before they got far. I am also in the process of finding out about CCTV.

justine
17-Aug-07, 15:37
Is there anyway you can take your rabbits indoors at night like a shed or garage just so no more get stolen. the kids have had bikes stolen and other outdoor toys :mad: so the rabbit is put in the shed at night, Not taking any chances.

They were all indoors up until end of may.We built them special runs each so they can come and go as they please, and then they get locked up at night....i will be bringing them in but i think it is just the baby ones they are targeting.all my others are adult...she was a small litlle thing...Well i have put up advertisng in the vets,the org, balmore police station,pets at home so unless they keep it in they will have problems hiding it....SHAME of some folk....

jsherris
17-Aug-07, 15:53
Justine, I'm sorry to hear about your bunny - unbelievable!
Like you say, they must have known what they were looking for. :(

I have heavy hasps and padlocks on all my outdoor hutches and they are always kept locked when rabbits are in the hutches. I know it doesn't help if someone is very determined but the dog would let me know someone was about before they got far. I am also in the process of finding out about CCTV.

Have a look at www.cpc.co.uk - they do some good little CCTV kits for the home & you can pay with a CC on the phone, or online easy enough too.

Julie
x

corgiman
17-Aug-07, 15:58
Thanks for that Julie :D

floyed
17-Aug-07, 16:01
hope your baby rabbit is returned soon.

justine
17-Aug-07, 16:36
well i have just been speaking to the police on the phone and they are not going to take it seriously as such because they cant be sure that it was a theft and not a fox.......What the heck are the police here for.They just dont seem to care for the fact that it is a rabbit and not something expensive. Well treacle was priceless in my eyes...i just cant believe them,my kids and i are heart broken over this and i hope the get that took her hears what he?she has done to this family...

Bradcon
17-Aug-07, 16:37
This is just terrible.

I had a couple of suspicious people chased away from my back garden a few weeks ago by one of my neighbours at 1am. I can only think that they were after my bunnies too. Stayed up most of that night and checked throughourtthe night for a good few nights after this happened. Looks like I will be doing the same all over again.

ashaw1
17-Aug-07, 16:44
Justine i am so sorry, i can't believe someone would do that. We still have the little black rabbit we got from you and she is coming on great.
The missing rabbit is such an unusual colour i'm sure it will not take someone long to spot it. If the person who took it has children i am sure it wont take long for information to get back to you, you know what kids are like. I hope she is returned safe and sound.

Dreamweaver
17-Aug-07, 16:55
Hey I've got lots of rabbits bouncing around my garden eating everythng in sight except dandelions and weeds, you're all welcome to come and get as many as you can bag :lol:

justine
17-Aug-07, 17:06
Hey I've got lots of rabbits bouncing around my garden eating everythng in sight except dandelions and weeds, you're all welcome to come and get as many as you can bag :lol:

well if one of them is a litlle girl 16 week old grey, white and black catch it for me and give me a shout....

Cattach
17-Aug-07, 18:42
well i have been out to clean and feed my rabbits which i do on a daily basis, and have found for the second time in two weeks that someone has pinched another of my rabbits.....She is a grey and white striped lop with slight black lines through her fur....She has been taken from her enclosure, which is secure enough to know that she has not dug her way out, and as i have six other rabbits full grown and she was my one remaining baby that i9 was jkeeping and she belonged to one of my children, i want people to be on the look out for her....I would like to get her back...To the person who has taken her please put her back, we miss her....[evil]

It is really distressing to lose a pet. Hope you get the rabbit back. Maybe there is someone out there with a conscience.

nannydip
17-Aug-07, 19:27
Justine, sorry to hear some low life would actually steal a families pet rabbit from their hutch. I so hope you get her back safe and sound and the culprit is caught.

Anne x
17-Aug-07, 19:30
gosh !! hope you get the rabbit back reckon they new what they were doing
keep us posted

111heather
17-Aug-07, 20:43
hi justine lucky [baby bunny] is doing fine she is a we bundle of fur an likes being handled when you catch her . ther is a pet show on tomorrow at bower may be your baby mite end up there

lady penelope
17-Aug-07, 20:52
That's terrible. I'd be lost without my bunny.I came home from work one sunday and Mr P had a hutch set up in the kitchen!
I hope you get yours back.

rhino
17-Aug-07, 21:29
thats bad crack. hope you get it back soon. i dont think they have much options except to hide it as you have covered all possible routes to pass it on.

wish you all the luck

Liz
17-Aug-07, 23:34
Justine I am so sorry that some awful person has taken your rabbit!:(

Have you been in touch with the Vets just in case someone ever brings a rabbit in answering your description.

I really, really hope that you get her back!

justine
17-Aug-07, 23:46
Justine I am so sorry that some awful person has taken your rabbit!:(

Have you been in touch with the Vets just in case someone ever brings a rabbit in answering your description.

I really, really hope that you get her back!

Yes i have.As it happened i had mum rabbit to the vets to have her teeth clipped so i have left a message and a notice on the board...I have gone through every avenue that i can think of, except knocking on every door and checking each and every rabbit hutch about,which i cant do....I just hope someone comes across her......

Also i would like to thank everyone for being so kind about this. I know some will think it is "only a rabbit" but i could never think of her like that......I have cried a few times today as she was a special litlle lady.....

Bradcon
18-Aug-07, 08:40
Don't give up Justine. All us bunny lovers are looking out for her. We will also look out for her at any rabbit shows that we go to, hopefully it won't be long before she is found or noticed by someone. And the nasty thieves who took her get all they deserve.[evil]

I don't know what I would do if I lost one of mine.:(

johno
19-Aug-07, 10:13
http://www.owensworld.com/funnyimages/files/attention_big.jpg justine this is what you aught to have done, your street would have been teeming with police in pronto time.

justine
19-Aug-07, 10:48
Nice one johno....I should have said that.Just wonder what the bill would have been for all that attention.......You know how to cheer someone up....Still looking for my bunny though....