PDA

View Full Version : Snickers Workwear

gpwicks
16-Aug-07, 21:07
Just got some Snickers Workwear and it rocks got the booklet home and look through and its got some groovy stuff in Hoodies, Trousers and and what not !

horseman
17-Aug-07, 08:49
Good for you plums,iv'e got some younkers akin to you an they explained it to me.(an at my age mate I need some explaining to);)

crayola
17-Aug-07, 09:58
I like the idea of going to work covered in chocolate bars, I could reach down for one every time the munchies hit, bad for the figure though I suppose. :D

jsherris
17-Aug-07, 10:15
Ummm......... :confused:

Maybe it's because I'm 46, huh?

crayola
17-Aug-07, 10:40
Hey girl, are ye tellin' me ye dinna ken aboot snickers bars? Yer kiddin' me? :eek:

jsherris
17-Aug-07, 11:22
Hey girl, are ye tellin' me ye dinna ken aboot snickers bars? Yer kiddin' me?

Hehe, Crayola - I know only TOO well about those!
(And don't you try typing in that fancy language of yours either, this 'ere cockney is getting good at reading it now, even if I can't spell a word of it!)

I just popped onto the Snickers Workwear website.... and saw some anoraks & stuff..... it left me a touch confused.....

[lol][lol]

crayola
17-Aug-07, 11:30
Ye'll hev til suffer ma Caithness tongue 'cause I dinna speak cockney. I worked in North London for a few summers in the 80s and ye wid likely recognise me from all the time I spent on the wall in Tube stations!

jsherris
17-Aug-07, 11:44
Ahhh... the tube! I spent many a school holiday on the tube when I was a kid! I used to go get a 'Rover' or summat like that & then you could just go anywhere on the system! Fantastic! :grin:

Mind, it's sad to think that I would think twice about travelling alone on certain routes now, especially at night - but that's our great enlightened 21st Century for you I s'pose. :(

gpwicks
17-Aug-07, 21:34
Hehe, Crayola - I know only TOO well about those!
(And don't you try typing in that fancy language of yours either, this 'ere cockney is getting good at reading it now, even if I can't spell a word of it!)

I just popped onto the Snickers Workwear website.... and saw some anoraks & stuff..... it left me a touch confused.....

[lol][lol]

well if you go and see the guys @ william wilson they'll keep you right, the only place north of inverness that has some in stock and can order it in

JAWS
17-Aug-07, 22:15
This could turn into a real Marathon! :D

scorrie
17-Aug-07, 22:44
Just got some Snickers Workwear and it rocks got the booklet home and look through and its got some groovy stuff in Hoodies, Trousers and and what not !

Careful with the underwear though, you don't want to get your Snickers in a twist!!

anneoctober
17-Aug-07, 22:44
This could turn into a real Marathon! :D
I love this juvenile humour.... fits in wi my second chilhood ! My jaws are sore wi laughing...........;)

jsherris
17-Aug-07, 23:53
Oh dear - you lot are just big kids!

Now then, listen...... I get the choccy jokes - course I do... I get that it's work gear & stuff..... I just... well, I just don't get it!

Is this some sort of super-duper label that has to be aspired to, like Nike, Reebok, etc?
'Cos if it's not... then what's so great about it? It's just workwear, isn't it?
And it can be ordered any time online right?
Am I being ultra-blonde today? :rolleyes:
Is it a scottish thing?
I asked hubby, Kerri & Nikki & they've all looked quite blankly at me - so, if you know, Anne, Jaws, Horseman, Scorrie, Crayola - please tell me!!

Julie.... (gone for a lie-down!)

H
18-Aug-07, 09:30
Best thing I've seen in a long time:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Craftsman-Kilt-c-w-Nail-Pockets-34R_W0QQitemZ180133180205QQihZ008QQcategoryZ53151Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I hope the link works. If not I picked up searching for Blaklader Workwear Kilt through Google.

This is a workwear kilt, with fitted pockets for nails - no need for a nail pouch! Nice and airy in the summer months.

Blaklader had a stand at the SECC tools exhibition in Glasgow in June. With all the guys on the stand wearing them.

porshiepoo
18-Aug-07, 09:41
I ain't old but I still don't get it. The stuff has Snickers printed right across the front of it!!!!!!!!! It looks like stuff you'd get free if you saved enough Snickers wrappers :eek:

Hey, I hear Flora have some great clothing ranges. Hmmmmmm wonder if Cadburys do - I could certainly save enough of those wrappers. :lol:

Lolabelle
18-Aug-07, 10:22
I ain't old but I still don't get it. The stuff has Snickers printed right across the front of it!!!!!!!!! It looks like stuff you'd get free if you saved enough Snickers wrappers :eek:

Hey, I hear Flora have some great clothing ranges. Hmmmmmm wonder if Cadburys do - I could certainly save enough of those wrappers. :lol:

I'm with you porshiepoo, cadbury's all the way. hh.

jsherris
18-Aug-07, 10:46
......... Hmmmmmm wonder if Cadburys do - I could certainly save enough of those wrappers.......

I'm with you porshiepoo, cadbury's all the way. hh.
Hehe, One of the jobs Andy is going for is the Engineering Manager at Cadbury's in Ireland....... Guess I know what to bring with me next year on hols then! [lol]
Julie

changilass
18-Aug-07, 10:52
Best thing I've seen in a long time:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Craftsman-Kilt-c-w-Nail-Pockets-34R_W0QQitemZ180133180205QQihZ008QQcategoryZ53151Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I hope the link works. If not I picked up searching for Blaklader Workwear Kilt through Google.

This is a workwear kilt, with fitted pockets for nails - no need for a nail pouch! Nice and airy in the summer months.

Blaklader had a stand at the SECC tools exhibition in Glasgow in June. With all the guys on the stand wearing them.

Why would anyone want to wear a kilt to work in the summer months with all the midgies around, ouch