PDA

View Full Version : whats your favourite retail shop

rhino
16-Aug-07, 17:26
with all the new shops arriving in the past, which one is your favourite?

orkneylass
16-Aug-07, 18:03
Debenhams in Aberdeen...although many moons ago undoubtedly Biba in Kensington High Street - that should date me!!!!

Razz
16-Aug-07, 18:33
Matalan is my favorite at the moment before that was primark

neepnipper
16-Aug-07, 18:39
Got to be Pets at Home!

karia
16-Aug-07, 18:40
Evening guys,

I hate shops............................................. ..........................................

.................................................. .................................................. ...

Nah, Only kidding!;)

Are we talking current emporiums of delight, or past 'jewels' of conspicuous consumption, now lamented?:D

Karia

rfr10
16-Aug-07, 20:42
Tescooooo! No.. I mean.. yes sad as it sounds.. Tesco!

stratman
16-Aug-07, 20:53
Evening guys,

I hate shops............................................. ..........................................

.................................................. .................................................. ...

Nah, Only kidding!;)

Are we talking current emporiums of delight, or past 'jewels' of conspicuous consumption, now lamented?:D

Karia

Hear hear (or is it Here here) to all but the "only kidding" bit.

catnip
16-Aug-07, 21:22
It has to be Tesco for me. Loadsa tasty goodies !!!!! :lol:

Anne x
16-Aug-07, 21:42
Thurso -- Mackay the butcher

Aberdeen Asda / Wal Mart Superstore at Bridge of Dee [lol]followed closely by Debenhams

sorry Thurso hope yours gets passed the planning stage much needed [lol]

mums angels
16-Aug-07, 22:13
I love Next .....

:D

Dave Taylor
16-Aug-07, 22:53
It would have to be a bookshop.
Which reminds me...I went into a bookshop in Kirkwall on 21 July to buy some postcards, and it broke my heart. The shop was full of well-behaved kids, in an orderly queue to collect their copies of HP7. And mine was at home on the doormat! I had to wait ten days before I could get reading!

goldenguernsey
17-Aug-07, 02:41
Has to be the butcher in Lybster, that man is a pure gent, always has time to have the crack and gives good advice about cooking meat and what to dish up with it. He sells good vegetables and a whole load of other vittals of prime quality. I would never buy meat from anywhere else for Sunday lunch, his beef is local and exceptional in both quality and flavour. I have nothing against supermarkets but they just don't hold a candle to this shop when it comes to meat. McKays butcher in Lybster is far superior to anything a supermarket could offer, you only have to dip your bread in that tasty dripping when you cook your beef and sprinkle on a little salt and enjoy, mmmmmmmm
No comparison.

rockchick
17-Aug-07, 08:19
I love shopping at Ikea! I could wander around there for hours, break for Swedish meatballs at the cafe...mmmm....almost always find a bargain.

Thumper
17-Aug-07, 10:33
My downfall is RiverIsland, just can't seem to come out of it without at least one purchase!Mind you I am the same in New Look most of the time :) shoes are my biggest weakness I have well over 60 pairs :D x

WeeBurd
17-Aug-07, 11:07
TopShop. Hubby just leaves me now, and heads off with the kids, telling me to call him on his mobile when I'm finished :o. I was in heaven when they launched their maternity collection just after I first fell pregnant. To top it all - they launched TopShop Mini last year, so now BabyBurd gets to share the joy too:lol:!

Rockchick, I'm with you on Ikea - I love it! However, sometimes I spend so much time wandering in and out of all the wee rooms upstairs, that I just lose the will a bit once I'm downstairs again. We always manage to come away with handy nicknacks for the kitchen, and they do some really sweet "mini" items of furniture for the kids, which co-ordinate with their regular pieces. Nice touch.

MISS K
17-Aug-07, 14:03
OOOOh Next for me, brantano, Au Natrelle, and Markies for food yum:Razz

mistral blue
17-Aug-07, 14:04
i am a online shopper and i have to say the mandmdirect is brilliant for clothes.....Food shops has to be adsa....:lol:

johno
17-Aug-07, 14:16
i have a dislike for all shops, hate shopping. When i need something i just go to a shop get it & out again, no browsing no waiting, get it & get out again. simple. When Mrs johno go,s to the shops whether Wick or Ins i drop her off she can take as long as she wants then phones me & i pick her up. this system works extremely well. suits us. :p

jsherris
17-Aug-07, 15:04
My fave shop is our little local spar..... well, it's not so little & the local post office is in there too!

We had a new asian family move in there 18 months ago, & they are lovely people. They employ mainly family friends, one of whom has the best eyes... sigh! Anyhow, this guy called Addi, has this morning accused my Andy of wanting to whisk me away to Ireland just to break me & Addi up! ;)

Andy said that he & Addi have shook on it & he's now staying here, while I run off to Ireland with Addi - Oh, could the day get any better?? [lol]

floyed
17-Aug-07, 16:20
My fav shop is Tesco's at the moment and primark :D

orkneylass
17-Aug-07, 18:23
yep - Ikea with meatballs in the cafe is one of my favourites too! Also love Matalan and TK Maxx

I love shopping at Ikea! I could wander around there for hours, break for Swedish meatballs at the cafe...mmmm....almost always find a bargain.

Cattach
17-Aug-07, 18:39
Without doubt - Thurso's 99p shop. Great bargains and a great, friendly and happy staff, Oh and there's Arlene!!

rhino
17-Aug-07, 21:36
guess mine has to be pets at home or tescos

lady penelope
17-Aug-07, 21:41
I love Asda, even though I work for another supermarket! :)

wild1
17-Aug-07, 22:21
It has to be next and river island you get some real nice things there

Alice in Blunderland
17-Aug-07, 22:42
George Harper the butcher in Macarthur Street. Great shop great service and great staff. :)

trix
17-Aug-07, 22:46
binends!! cos its no far fie ma hoose :D

saxovtr
18-Aug-07, 02:54
lime is my favourite,can be found in liverpool ;)

lexie
18-Aug-07, 19:40
well one place its NOT...is Argos in Wick!..after last visit ...will be buying on line now and getting delivered!...followed the 1, 2, 3 for purchase..stood at the till for about 10mins ..had the lassie look at me and then look away!

when i asked if anyone was serving..the reply was "when there's no one there come till is ine!"

...eh? am i supposed to be psychic?

they have a lot to learn in customer care!

so back to buyin on line.....

olivia
18-Aug-07, 19:41
Favourite shop has got to be the many branches of Heffers bookshops in Cambridge, I could spend days in there (and talking of spending!).

veekay
18-Aug-07, 19:48
PLEASE will someone tell me what shopping has about it that everyone seems to like no love. I hate it whether it is for shoes, clothes, food whatever there is nothing nice about it whatsoever. So enlighten me

johno
18-Aug-07, 23:13
i dont like shopping with the wife as she has to look at every damn thing in the shop even the most horrible looking thing that neither she nor anyone else would even think about buying. when i have to go to a shop i know what i want i get it and thats it. all those fancy displays stratiegically placed to lure you just does,nt cut it with me. funny thing is though i really do have the patience of a saint in all other aspects even waiting in the car. funny that eh.:cool:

anneoctober
18-Aug-07, 23:34
[quote=johno;258625]i dont like shopping with the wife as she has to look at every damn thing in the shop even the most horrible looking thing that neither she nor anyone else would even think about buying. when i have to go to a shop i know what i want i get it and thats it. all those fancy displays stratiegically placed to lure you just does,nt cut it with me. funny thing is though i really do have the patience of a saint in all other aspects even waiting in the car. funny that eh.quote]
Poor Mrs Johno ! Us ladies like to look , survey & weigh up the pro's & cons before introducing anything new into our hoosies ! We do realise that our OH view "new stuff" with "suspicious minds" :D That said, thank goodness for "online" shopping ...[lol]

helenwyler
19-Aug-07, 01:07
Veekay & Johno I agree - despite being female I dislike shopping:mad:...

My favourite shop is the one I have to spend least time in, apart from book shops (second-hand if possible).

Don't mind seeing if food shops have something new & interesting...

...but clothes? If I don't see something that really grabs me within 5 mins I'm out, otherwise I start getting unbearably indecisive, dizzy, light-headed:eek:...