PDA

View Full Version : Good news.....

Torvaig
16-Aug-07, 10:07
Following on to Hibeechick's thank you to the boys who returned her purse intact, it would be quite uplifting to hear stories of good neighbours, helpful friends and relations etc. Sometimes I get down when seeing threads like the missing little girl etc., and I admit I don't tend to read them after a few posts. I'm not condemning the posters; it's just that they make me depressed.

I prefer to concentrate on the good and happy things in life and the more your hear about them and be part of them, the happier your life is.

For myself, I have some lovely neighbours who always shout a cheery hello if out in the garden at the same time as me; trundle my wheelie bin in my path after the lorry has passed; take in parcels if I am not at home and speak to my dog when he is nosy and peers over the fence at them! He has to climb on a chair, put his front paws on the fence and stretch his neck to have a look; if only he could talk! :lol:

I've even come home to find my neighbour cleaning my path with a pressure hose and before I paved everything over he would occasionally cut my grass after doing his own even though I paid someone to come in and cut it occasionally!

And a big thank you to the upbeat posters on here for their jokes and funny stories; Johno springs to mind initially but there are others; thank you; you know who you are...;)

rhino
16-Aug-07, 10:16
It's good to hear of good things. Everything these days seems to be sad or depressing.
My good thought for the day is smile and the world smiles with you.:)

Angela
16-Aug-07, 10:22
Well said, Torvaig, I couldn't agree with you more. :)

I know we all need to express our negative feelings from time to time, and it's good for us to do that...but if we dwell too much on sad and distressing things, well....yes, I for one do get unnecessarily depressed...about things I can't personally change.

We've only got one life...

How's about you let your lovely dog come for a holiday down here?...I would love to meet him! You can come too, of course! :D

Torvaig
16-Aug-07, 11:23
Well said, Torvaig, I couldn't agree with you more. :)

I know we all need to express our negative feelings from time to time, and it's good for us to do that...but if we dwell too much on sad and distressing things, well....yes, I for one do get unnecessarily depressed...about things I can't personally change.

We've only got one life...

How's about you let your lovely dog come for a holiday down here?...I would love to meet him! You can come too, of course!

Where's that bus timetable........;)

Fran
17-Aug-07, 03:22
I too have great neighbours. I have a friend who makes pancakes and scones for himself who, as some of you know, is not well. she comes to visit him with her husband. I know my neighbours are there for me if i need them and this is very comforting. Also, people come and take the dog for a walk. which he is very grateful for, so I am very lucky.

horseman
17-Aug-07, 07:26
Good to hear that Torvaig Rhino Fran an Angela,thats been missing from my life for the last 30 years or more,good neighbours that is.But family friends workmates an all sorts of animals more than make up,we all need their help at times, an in the dark times they have allways been there for me,great comfort that. One of lifes positives Torvaig.

Lolabelle
17-Aug-07, 10:19
One of my best friends is my neighbour, and as her husband works away too, we get together a couple of nights a week just for a natter and a cuppa. We keep each other company and from getting too fed up with our fella's away. This is good news for me. :Razz

jsherris
17-Aug-07, 12:02
I agree, Torvaig - it's the little things that cheer you up and make you smile.
I couldn't wish for a better set of neighbours - we're a tight knit little street here, it's very pleasant.
I can leave my door open while I pop for a cuppa down the street, people knock & give me books/toys for little Leah, I once hired a granny scooter for 'Aunty Violent' a few doors away, just to get her out for the day!

A good old fashioned community - bring them back!

Then again, that's exactly how this place feels most of the time!
Julie
x