PDA

View Full Version : Thank you. To the youth of Today!

Hibeechick
16-Aug-07, 09:30
It's not often that people get the chance to praise " The youth of Today". However, I'd like to publicly thank the two boys who found my purse last night and returned it to my mums house with everything still in it! Credit cards and quite a bit of cash!

Will be round to visit them tonight with a little reward each for their honesty!

Thanks boys and well done!!

Torvaig
16-Aug-07, 09:50
Good to hear Hibeechick and well done for letting us know....and I think it happens more often but it's just that it doesn't make for good sales for certain newspapers. Isn't it a shame that bad news sells better?
My congrats to the lads as well.

brokencross
16-Aug-07, 09:53
Well done to the two lads, it is good, honest behaviour like that, that restores my faith in society and the youth of today.

changilass
16-Aug-07, 09:53
Well done lads, you should be very proud of yourselves, and well done for bringing it to our attention, its nice to hear the positives for a change

Angela
16-Aug-07, 11:14
It's not often that people get the chance to praise " The youth of Today". However, I'd like to publicly thank the two boys who found my purse last night and returned it to my mums house with everything still in it! Credit cards and quite a bit of cash!

Will be round to visit them tonight with a little reward each for their honesty!

Thanks boys and well done!!

Well said, Hibeechick.:)

The thing is, most of us have family/friends/neighbours who are "The Youth of Today".

I can't think of a single one I know personally who fits the stereotype so often portrayed in the media.

Decent, helpful, honest young people must get fed up with being lumped in with the trouble-making minority.

So -up to us to raise the profile of kind, helpful, friendly folk -of all ages! :)

NLP
16-Aug-07, 13:52
Well done lads, it's nice to hear a happy ending you only ever read about the few rotton apples and not the good that most youngster's do.

horseman
16-Aug-07, 23:08
Credit to your parents an teachers boys,good for you:D

Ricco
17-Aug-07, 08:01
Well done to those lads. I hope that this is a trend amongst all youngsters.

Dusty
17-Aug-07, 11:12
[quote=Hibeechick;256832]Will be round to visit them tonight with a little reward each for their honesty![quote]

The fact that the boys have been thanked so publicly and that they are to be rewarded also sends out a message.
Hibeechick is obviously grateful for the return of her property but unlike some of us, she has taken the time to highlight the good deed done to her and rewarded the doers of that deed.
I think that there may be a lesson for some of us here i.e. don't just expect people to continue to do good deeds if there is no thanks for their actions.
Well done boys and well done Hibeechick.
:D