PDA

View Full Version : Apology

anneoctober
16-Aug-07, 08:15
Sorry Orgers, for my ignorance last night when posting, did n't realise I was "shouting" at everyone. My days of that disappeared a few years ago, with the onset of age, though not necessarily maturity! :)
thank you, pussycat.........;)

Torvaig
16-Aug-07, 08:43
Never heard you........:D

horseman
16-Aug-07, 08:46
Sorry Orgers, for my ignorance last night when posting, did n't realise I was "shouting" at everyone. My days of that disappeared a few years ago, with the onset of age, though not necessarily maturity! :)
thank you, pussycat.........;)

No worry Anne, we nearly all have a holler now an again.
The important bit is recognising it.

helenwyler
16-Aug-07, 10:08
Didn't hear you down here Anneoctober!

Noticed you've become more bold recently though[lol]!!

WildChild
16-Aug-07, 13:56
Never heard you either anneoctober ;) then again I wasnt listening. :Razz

Angela
16-Aug-07, 14:06
Didn't hear you either, anne -maybe I'm going deaf! ;)

Not sure an apology's needed -but it's very nice and mannerly of you to offer one! :)

Rheghead
16-Aug-07, 16:55
Personally, I think it is daft that it is considered shouting if a post is done in capitals, who decides these things? Do toddlers taught to shout first with big fat crayons?

NickInTheNorth
16-Aug-07, 17:17
I guess the truth of the matter is that all caps in postings is inconsiderate as they are less easily read by the human brain.

That is why we have upper and lower case and why each has an appropriate use. The shouting metaphor probably comes about as it is as easy to read an all upper case post as it is to listen to someone gently discoursing at top volume. :D

Very badly expressed, but I hope you know what I mean, I may reword it later when I have a few more seconds to spare

laguna2
16-Aug-07, 17:59
Ach anneoctober, I thought you were just being considerate and making sure that I could hear what you were saying without my glasses! :lol: [lol]

JAWS
16-Aug-07, 21:36
Anneoctober, your apology speaks volumes for you. ;)

jsherris
16-Aug-07, 22:55
I just thought you were shouting because I'm a long long way away......

[lol][lol]

Never mind Anne - no-one shouted back at you, did they?
Julie
x

canuck
16-Aug-07, 23:37
APOLOGY ACCEPTED.

(Hey, I am a still a long way from Scotland. I have to speak LOUDLY.)

johno
16-Aug-07, 23:47
Personally, I think it is daft that it is considered shouting if a post is done in capitals, who decides these things? Do toddlers taught to shout first with big fat crayons?
totally in agreement with you on this one.:confused

johno
16-Aug-07, 23:51
how can posting in capitals be classed as shouting, it,s only easier to read.
the posting is silent, not even a whisper. well not on my pc anyway.:confused

nanoo
17-Aug-07, 19:29
Hi anneoctober, you shouting, never in a million years girl. agree with johno, capital letters look much nicer. Keep up the good work girl te he.[lol]:lol:

karia
17-Aug-07, 20:51
Howzabout anne avatar then!;)

Seriously!

pm me with a progress report.

Karia