PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my chicken ...

Mister Squiggle
15-Aug-07, 13:28
Did I dream it, or was there a recipe some time ago on the Org for chicken breasts with Philly cream cheese stuffing? I remember thinking it sounded brilliant, but now I have both the cream cheese and the chicken breasts ready to go, I can't remember the details. Senior moment, I guess.

Moira
15-Aug-07, 14:42
Philly cream cheese recipe here :-
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=13590&highlight=chicken

and several other tasty suggestions :)

changilass
15-Aug-07, 14:53
I put one on a while ago, its very simple, I add cruched garlic to about 2 tblspns of philly, cut the chicken breasts to form an envelope and fill then make homemade breadcrumbs and cover using an egg dip then cook in the oven, no need for any oil or fat, they come up lovely and crispy. This was a weight watchers idea but they originally used fish rather than chicken.

Mister Squiggle
15-Aug-07, 15:16
Brilliant, thanks for the link and suggestions. I'm off to the kitchen. :D

airdlass
15-Aug-07, 16:45
I put one on a while ago, its very simple, I add cruched garlic to about 2 tblspns of philly, cut the chicken breasts to form an envelope and fill then make homemade breadcrumbs and cover using an egg dip then cook in the oven, no need for any oil or fat, they come up lovely and crispy. This was a weight watchers idea but they originally used fish rather than chicken.

That sounds like a lovely recipe:D

Angela
15-Aug-07, 19:58
Great, I've visitors tomorrow -that's our tea all sorted. :D

With Lolabelle's courgette fritters for starters....;)

Moira
15-Aug-07, 21:52
Brilliant, thanks for the link and suggestions. I'm off to the kitchen. :D

How did it go Mister Squiggle?

If you want an even lower fat recipe, try using Changi's recipe without the breadcrumbs, wrap the chicken fillets tightly in cling film, secure .....(this is where I obviously went wrong) and simmer/steam in a little water for about 20 minutes. My chicken fillets managed to partially disengage themselves from the clingfilm but the end result was very edible all the same.

Now I wrap the stuffed chicken fillets with a thin slice of well trimmed back bacon, secured with cocktail sticks & cook in a touch of mild, light olive oil for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Delish.

Mister Squiggle
16-Aug-07, 07:50
It was delicious! I got a little cordon bleu too, and added some flaked almonds to the cheese and garlic, which tasted great.
Thanks for all your suggestions - I found that by using a bit of olive oil and turning them a couple of times, they were nice and browned all over.
Perhaps we should produce an Org cookbook for the Christmas market. :Razz

laguna2
16-Aug-07, 20:03
How did it go Mister Squiggle?

If you want an even lower fat recipe, try using Changi's recipe without the breadcrumbs, wrap the chicken fillets tightly in cling film, secure .....(this is where I obviously went wrong) and simmer/steam in a little water for about 20 minutes. My chicken fillets managed to partially disengage themselves from the clingfilm but the end result was very edible all the same.

Now I wrap the stuffed chicken fillets with a thin slice of well trimmed back bacon, secured with cocktail sticks & cook in a touch of mild, light olive oil for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Delish.

If you have one of these George Foreman grill type things you can actually use it to cook the chicken too - no need for the cocktail stick and no need for oil.

Moira
17-Aug-07, 00:00
Thanks laguna2. I do actually have one of these grills. Maybe I've set the temperature too high to start with to seal the meat/chicken/veggies but I've not had the greatest results with it, despite brushing the food with olive oil beforehand. So - what am I doing wrong? Any tips would be welcome.