PDA

View Full Version : Pre warning, Thursday 16th August

Tugmistress
14-Aug-07, 21:03
it's going to get a bit windy.... now i know this is nothing by caithness standards but it is more a case of the season. I would advise people open to Northwesterly winds with trampolines etc up to get them down or at least rope them securely, probably looking at gusts of about 60mph.
I know some of you find it boring, but one or two people reading this may find it useful.

changilass
14-Aug-07, 21:08
Cheers for the warning Tuggs

the charlatans
14-Aug-07, 21:12
cheers Tugmistress, us that have boats or farms are ruled by the weather and much appreciate the warning.

mr do dar
14-Aug-07, 21:37
thanks for that tuggs ..... but the big question is when are we going to get a summer ? or even a week to do something in the garden

Anne x
14-Aug-07, 22:16
thought someone said summer arriving 15th Aug

weather warning here tonight !!! torrential rain forecast :(

Tugmistress
14-Aug-07, 22:20
thanks for that tuggs ..... but the big question is when are we going to get a summer ? or even a week to do something in the garden

we ain't :(
take each day as it comes this year, unless we get a nice autmn like we had a nice spring, i don't think there is much hope for us up here this year. Have you noticed the grass doesn't need cutting as often as last year?

Tugmistress
14-Aug-07, 22:22
thought someone said summer arriving 15th Aug

weather warning here tonight !!! torrential rain forecast :(

think we'll cop for some of that too :(

psyberyeti
14-Aug-07, 23:18
I always believe metcheck and it says that it is going to be dry here tonight.:cool:

The cat's just come in and is soaking wet. Someone is telling lies and I think it's the cat. He's just trying to 'pull a fast one' and get some sympathy while the wife is away....:lol: I've got wet legs now! Yuck, wet cat.

mums angels
14-Aug-07, 23:20
thanks tugs ...not sure about wind directions but does anyone know which way the wind was blowing back on 16th march(big storm when the esso station lost thier sign ) ...it was supposed to be an odd direction if i recall ...i lost the trampoline and 38 tiles ..was just wandering if i'll be looking at the same again ...thanks :~(

Tugmistress
15-Aug-07, 06:50
ok just looked back, 16th march was a westerly during the strongest winds.

Tugmistress
15-Aug-07, 06:52
I always believe metcheck and it says that it is going to be dry here tonight.:cool:

The cat's just come in and is soaking wet. Someone is telling lies and I think it's the cat. He's just trying to 'pull a fast one' and get some sympathy while the wife is away....:lol: I've got wet legs now! Yuck, wet cat.

You mean your cat has been for a summer dip in the sea? lol
here, try this one, they're loads better than metcheck
http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx2
(if it comes up blank stick in your postcode or town, i have it bookmarked by postcode).

Ricco
15-Aug-07, 08:32
Tuggs, we never find your forecasts boring. They are very useful, especially to certain groups of people. Personally, I always look forward to them.

Anne x
15-Aug-07, 11:34
whats it like today then ?

we have no rain and blue sky so far

all could change tonight

nanoo
15-Aug-07, 11:47
planning a night in on the 16th anyway, going to coorie doon into me chair and watch the ' young Elvis ' tribute on television to commemorate the 30th anniversary of his death. Thanks for the warning though tugmistress, I'll make sure my hubby batons down the hatches. Cheers.;)

psyberyeti
15-Aug-07, 13:13
here, try this one, they're loads better than metcheck
http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx2
(if it comes up blank stick in your postcode or town, i have it bookmarked by postcode).

Hello Tugmistress, thanks for that. I've bookmarked it and will compare with metcheck. I'm not sure that they need to quote to 0.1mph for the windspeed though - I would have thought that forcasting to +/- 2mph would be ambitious. Then I will teach the cat how to use it - It does not matter which door you demand to go out of it will be raining at all of them.:lol:

Tugmistress
15-Aug-07, 14:30
haha yes i find the wind speed a little out on there but in general they are the closest i have found in all aspects of weather up here. The wind speed they predict always seems a little low for up here when it goes over about 25mph, i've just got used to adding about 10mph on to their predictions and it's not too bad at that.

Alice in Blunderland
15-Aug-07, 16:33
Please Please please let Friday be nice and not too windy they are going to try and put the roof on our house. :eek:

mums angels
15-Aug-07, 16:52
ok just looked back, 16th march was a westerly during the strongest winds.

Thank you very much tug:D

JAWS
15-Aug-07, 21:22
I've heard the weather in Caithness called some things, Tugs, byt "boring"? Never.
Keep it coming, Tugs, there's nothing worse than having to phone Orkney to get your washing posted back to you. :~(

bigjjuk
16-Aug-07, 16:15
well done tugs on another good prediction on the weather. cold rainy and pretty windy too.

I know it has nothing to do with us, but spare a thought for the people in the line of this little monster. Hrricane dean is currently in the middle of the atlantic and has average wind speeds of 90mph. This is a category 1 hurricane, prediction are for it to go to a 4-5 which is the highest it can get, looks like poor new orleans may be in for another barrage as it is forecast to vear north, once it hits the gulf of mexico. click the link for a little pic of him.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/catl/vis-l.jpg