PDA

View Full Version : Multi Tasking

karia
14-Aug-07, 17:16
Evening All,

In an attempt to ameliorate the guilt I feel for spending so much time on line, I often try and do something else at the same time (am currently shelling peas one handed!):D

What absurd combination of activities do you guys find yourself doing whilst visiting your favourite sites.

Keep it clean!;)

Karia

Ash
14-Aug-07, 17:17
i cannot believe how addicted i am to the org

i was just whisking eggs and took the laptop with me! :eek: sad i know!

karia
14-Aug-07, 17:21
Wow Ash,

You read my thread, typed and posted a reply within one minute AND you were whisking eggs!!:eek:

FAST!

Karia

Ash
14-Aug-07, 17:22
i know its MADNESS

im soooo addicted!! might need to have a week off from the org! lol

anneoctober
14-Aug-07, 18:59
have breakfast - check the Org. Back for some milk for office break - check the Org. Make sandwiches for lunch - check the Org. have my lunch - check the Org. Excuse to pop home in afternoon - check the Org. Prep dinner - check Org. Eat dinner while - checking the Org. Keep up with current affairs to TRY to sound intelligent - on the Org. few hours to spare - better check the Org.........Who said it was addictive?[lol]

WildChild
14-Aug-07, 21:15
OMG is this an illness or what, multitasking and checking the org between chores! LOL I did hear on the radio today I think it was, then again it may have been yesterday LOL that apparently some people have some sort of anxiety disorder with regards to checking their emails every so often LOL Im so glad I havent succombed to this apparent addictive disorder.............:Razz The day I have an egg whisk in one hand and a mouse in the other is the day that I will seek help! LOL :eek:

anneoctober
14-Aug-07, 22:14
OMG is this an illness or what, multitasking and checking the org between chores! LOL I did hear on the radio today I think it was, then again it may have been yesterday LOL that apparently some people have some sort of anxiety disorder with regards to checking their emails every so often LOL Im so glad I havent succombed to this apparent addictive disorder.............:Razz The day I have an egg whisk in one hand and a mouse in the other is the day that I will seek help! LOL
Ha Ha, your days are already numbered wildchild, welcome to the Org from which there is NO escape[lol]

karia
14-Aug-07, 22:57
OMG is this an illness or what, multitasking and checking the org between chores! LOL I did hear on the radio today I think it was, then again it may have been yesterday LOL that apparently some people have some sort of anxiety disorder with regards to checking their emails every so often LOL Im so glad I havent succombed to this apparent addictive disorder.............The day I have an egg whisk in one hand and a mouse in the other is the day that I will seek help! LOL

WildChild,

Glad to hear you are able to do one thing well!

Some of us don't have that luxury and can only aspire to multi tasking.

For most of us, it is not 'checking our e-mails' and such life-style c**p , so much as looking after elderly and dying parents, or perhaps children and infants, as well as trying to deal with 'day to day ' problems like Bills and care facilities,...We're not trying to sell our nail polishing skills on e-bay!;)

Sometimes you find decent and kind friends on the internet, they can illuminate your way and provide great support, if that is what you seek.

May there always be a market for that which you sell!:D

Karia

Lolabelle
15-Aug-07, 00:15
The thing I have most problem with is carrying on a conversation, on the phone or with Dave or visitors. They can sometimes be a rude intrusion to my org time. While on the phone, people are frequently asking if I am still there.
Everything else I can manage between posts most of the time. Except driving .... lol, just joking. [lol]

Aaldtimer
15-Aug-07, 01:48
My idea of multi-tasking is having a tinny in one hand, dram in the other, then figuring out how I can roll a ciggy and have a smoke!

horseman
15-Aug-07, 02:45
My idea of multi-tasking is having a tinny in one hand, dram in the other, then figuring out how I can roll a ciggy and have a smoke!

Now that Aaldtimer is what I call multi-tasking;)

canuck
15-Aug-07, 03:09
Evening All,

In an attempt to ameliorate the guilt I feel for spending so much time on line, I often try and do something else at the same time (am currently shelling peas one handed!):D

What absurd combination of activities do you guys find yourself doing whilst visiting your favourite sites.

Keep it clean!;)

Karia

Ah, but all the gunk on your hands from the peas will soon make its way onto the keys and into the crevices and the keyboard will seize-up.

We experienced org addicts keep a supply of sliced turkey in the freezer for those days/weeks when we have to go cold turkey.

Good luck! The good news is that the addiction does wear off, but when it does you will likely have made some very good friends, orgers who were on the addiction ride with you. For me those friendships have become precious. See you all in 7 days!

NLP
15-Aug-07, 14:15
At the moment I'm unpacking the shopping on the org back to the shopping back to the org. I might miss something.

bigjjuk
15-Aug-07, 15:00
I can fart, pick my nose all whilst drinking a can of beer, a bit awkward with my finger up my nose and swigging a beer, but i manage, and only a little bit spilt down my top along with the fried egg i had earlier......... dont paint a pretty picture does it lol.

Im not that gross looking ......honest:)

Aaldtimer
15-Aug-07, 16:04
Cheers horseman! (Hic)

Billy Boy
15-Aug-07, 16:59
I can fart, pick my nose all whilst drinking a can of beer, a bit awkward with my finger up my nose and swigging a beer, but i manage, and only a little bit spilt down my top along with the fried egg i had earlier......... dont paint a pretty picture does it lol.

Im not that gross looking ......honest:)

just wondering. can you still smell your fart with your finger up your nose

WildChild
15-Aug-07, 19:01
Ha Ha, your days are already numbered wildchild, welcome to the Org from which there is NO escape[lol]

OMG is it really that bad? :eek: I will admit to thinking while checking the org LOL wondering what to have for dinner or when will I paper that room or what to watch on Tele LOL I can never make my mind up which to do LOL Thats ofcourse in amongst all the other things that Karia speaks of...........but thats Life eh! LOL

karia
15-Aug-07, 19:08
Hi wildchild,

Sorry, I was more than harsh with you last night.:(

Didn't notice it was your first post...not that that should matter!

Today I have been multi-tasking by beating myself with a big stick, along with all the other stuff.

Could you multi-task with whatever you are doing and forgive me?;)

Regretful and apologetic,..truly!

Karia

WildChild
15-Aug-07, 19:41
Ive just been and had something to eat I cant manage to do that and type LOL One thing at a time for me Im afraid LOL Apology accepted Karia LOL I forgive you wholeheartedly you can now chuck the stick! LOL

Victoria
15-Aug-07, 19:47
*catches stick whilst watching Real Men, drinking tea, laying on the sofa and typing this post*;)

anneoctober
15-Aug-07, 19:53
Ive just been and had something to eat I cant manage to do that and type LOL One thing at a time for me Im afraid LOL Apology accepted Karia LOL I forgive you wholeheartedly you can now chuck the stick! LOL
Karia and Wildchild, it's good to see harmony on the Org. A gracious apology and also acceptance . You've both let your humour shine through. xx

karia
15-Aug-07, 20:09
Anne October,

You can't distract me like that!;)

I mean,..good try,...but where is the Avatar?:eek:

karia

rhino
15-Aug-07, 20:51
I just let everything go to pieces when im on the org.I let the kids and animals multitask for me.:D

karia
15-Aug-07, 20:56
Hi rhino'

Must be fun round yours!

karia...;)!

mums angels
15-Aug-07, 21:04
i don't know where i'd be if i couldn't multitask ..my life would be in tatters ..lol

currently am on the org ,bebo ,making a cuppa, watching tele and having bits of converstaion with the folks ..LOL

rhino
15-Aug-07, 21:09
I sit with my back to the room,ignoring the telly and the dog snoring on the couch, the rabbit resting in her run, the hamster sleeping in her cage beside me.I dont tidy up after my boys, they do it themselves! Thats what I call multitasking;). Maybe Mr Rhino will make me another cup of tea.

Oh and im using the laptop!:)

karia
15-Aug-07, 21:29
Mr rhino sounds like a fab guy!

Can he make a decent cuppa?;)

K

anneoctober
15-Aug-07, 22:00
Anne October,

You can't distract me like that!;)

I mean,..good try,...but where is the Avatar?:eek:

karia
RATS.................RUMBLED AGAIN........... LOL

rhino
15-Aug-07, 22:26
Karia

Mr Rhino is good at doing most things!;)

karia
15-Aug-07, 23:53
hi rhino!

Ignore the 'blowsy disgusting behaviour !

I can't believe I am defending them,...and I hope they are well ashamed of themselves....:roll:

...hoy! You lot tittering in the corner,..........proper greeting for rhino here?!:eek:

karia

WildChild
16-Aug-07, 14:04
Karia and Wildchild, it's good to see harmony on the Org. A gracious apology and also acceptance . You've both let your humour shine through. xx

I thought it was already a harmonious little forum LOL with everyone getting on like a house on fire LOL :Razz

rhino
16-Aug-07, 17:20
hi karia,

been reading all the comments on here about me from the missus!!!

i make a fantastic cuppa!!!, years of practice !!!

nothing better than working all day andthen having to make a cupof tea for her indoors

karia
16-Aug-07, 17:27
hi karia,

been reading all the comments on here about me from the missus!!!

i make a fantastic cuppa!!!, years of practice !!!

nothing better than working all day andthen having to make a cupof tea for her indoors

Hello Mr rhino,

Ah well,...no-one said life would be easy!;)

And you have mastered a skill I haven't, my tea is universally despised![lol]

karia