PDA

View Full Version : big cat posting

Ojibwa
14-Aug-07, 15:14
Hi I saw a post a few weeks back about big cat sightings in Mid Clyth, the guy said he captured some pics of them and was going to post them. Just wondered if this thread is still around as I can't seem to find it. Anyone know ?

corgiman
14-Aug-07, 15:21
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=28793&highlight=panther

Stavro
16-Aug-07, 23:12
My apologies for the silence, I did get a film developed, however the big cat didn’t show up on it much to my surprise and disappointment, so I’m currently hoping I took the wrong film to be developed and will update you whether that was the case or not soon.

Tubthumper
16-Aug-07, 23:44
Serious post from me for a change.
I saw a large cat sitting at the side of the road at the subsea7 plant entrance, by the Lyth turnoff about 6 months ago. I couldn't believe it; definitely a catty-sort of thing (it was dark, I was doing about 60, lights on full beam), large and watching me passing with no concern at all. It was big, much bigger than any domestic cat I've seen, possibly labrador dog sized.
I'll admit it was a fleeting glimpse, but I've passed plenty 'normal' cats in my time and this was way different.
I forgot about this event till I saw the post here. Call me hysterical, deluded or just plain deficient in the eyes if you like - I'm certain I saw something weird!

Kenn
17-Aug-07, 00:52
Humm will be travelling up the A9 in a few weeks time, will have camera at the ready!
Now no doubt many of you will have heard of "The Beast of Bodmin Moor,"..it's never been proved and it's never been disproved.
However ferral cats can grow to a very large size and with bad light or a quick glimpse telling the actual size of the beast can be a problem as you have no comparison when you are travelling at more than a few miles an hour.
It is quite possible that after "The Wild Animals Act" was introduced with all the red tape , that a few large cats were released into the wild and they are perfectly capable of living there.
To date however there have been no confirmed sitings or actual evidence to say that they are out there.