PDA

View Full Version : Class war

zenmaster
13-Aug-07, 22:54
BBC Scotland reports that "One of Scotland's top public schools has condemned a video which showed ex-pupils staging a mock chav hunt."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/6944534.stm

I didn't know anything about this video until the BBC thoughtfully brought it to the the attention of the country. It's 2 years old and has been removed from Youtube but what's rather ironic is that the BBC archives all their audio/video reports. Reports from as far back as Nov 2002 are still publically available, so well done to the BBC for giving greater exposure. Must be a slow news day.

JAWS
13-Aug-07, 23:02
Is that really the best they can come up with? Now if it were real it would be worth watching!
Shows how hypocritical the BBC are when they have never shown the same "righteous indignation” when they have shown the “Upper Class Twit of the Year” sketch.
“All skits are equal, but some are more equal than others!”

zenmaster
13-Aug-07, 23:42
I support the calls for more devolved Scottish broadcasting, including a "Scottish Six", but this is evidence of the parochial nature of Scottish news.

crayola
13-Aug-07, 23:50
Pooh bah, those boundahs at the beeb removed it before I could see it . I thought it was a jolly good sport and it will keep the cream of our nation's young lads fighting fit. What dreadful spoilsports they are.

Those sardoniae facetiae pills are spiffing Jaws. can I have some more? They go well with a large Pimms. ;)

JAWS
14-Aug-07, 00:15
I would be more concerned if they were to take a leaf out of Manchester's books where such activity is carried out in reality.

I suspect that the reason behind the story is that it is what is known in the media as the "Silly Season". Parliament is closed, most politicians, even in some other countries, are on holiday so there are very few sensible things to report. That's provided you think reporting on politics can be called "sensible".

I'm waiting for them to come up with a "cat savaged by pet mouse" story, that's one I haven't come across so far. :D

Tristan
14-Aug-07, 08:33
I didn't think the video was any worse than anything Monty Python and others had done in the past.
With some recent school shooting I could see some concern being raised there but as far as I know "chav" is not a class. Aren't they just a bunch of ill-behaved youths?

percy toboggan
14-Aug-07, 19:13
I agree Tristan.
Chav's are not defined by class, nor the money in their sky-rocket. It is an outlook.
Uncouthed, ill mannered, lack of dignity or dress sense. An inclination to conform to a stereotype rightly looked down upon by the cogniscenti.
Silly tatts, and a tendency to eff and blind in the street, earrings on men , Subaru Imprezzas and Citroen Saxo's with huge exhaust pipes. A smallish muscular dog with a body harness. None of these on their own constitutes a chav, but if you find three of 'em in any one person you have found a chav ! And hey! they are the last group you can slam, lampoon and ridicukle without a liberal backlash. THE LIBERALS ARE DOING IT THEMSELVES !!

So, let rip. Let slip the dogs of war to see off them bull terriers !

northener
14-Aug-07, 20:48
Complete non-news news.

No doubt the 'us and them' brigade will be howling with fury. Sad plebs.

Run 'em into the ground, I say! No closed season and no prisoners!

Smithers, fetch my best Hunter! - What? He's at the farriers?

Then fetch me my best Range Rover!

Huzzah!

JAWS
15-Aug-07, 00:31
Here is the definitive site on Chavs.
I haven’t seen any unsuitable material for the board on it but if anybody comes across anything let me know and I’ll remove the link.

Sorry, I have removed the link, most of which is of a "Mickey Taking" nature but somebody has been kind enough to advise me that if you follow some of the links the language does get rather colourful.
In view of the fact that the link would be likely to attract youngsters to see what "insults" are contained there I think removing it is the wisest choice.

jsherris
15-Aug-07, 01:57
Well Jaws, according to that website, if I have any more kids, which I won't, and I am a Chav, which I'm not....... (the trackies wouldn't suit my legs.....)
My babies would be called:
Girl: Charity Tracey, Crystal Melanie, Mercedes Joleen
Boy: Kevin Storm, Axel Jordan, Gary Gold (?)

Boy, I bet Gail, Kerri & Nikki are pleased I'm too old for chavness! [lol][lol]

Jeemag_USA
15-Aug-07, 02:23
Here is Chav Hunt 2004, nothing really offensive in it, i mean no swearing obscenity etc.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p_3_YI_dlvE

What I really laughed at is the upper class twit on it asked " If you have ever seen stormchasers, where they chase storms around New York and America" ha ha obviously for a rich kid he knows his meteorology and geography real well doesn't he [lol]

JAWS
15-Aug-07, 12:18
"Gold", jsherris, no wonder you used a question mark! That's a name I haven't come across, it must be a recent fad.

I often wonder where some people's brains are when they name their children. They really should ask themselves if they would have been so keen on name if they had been called that at school.
I suspect it would be a safe bet they would have wished they could have hidden somewhere far away, never to be found by the rest of the kids. :D