PDA

View Full Version : Perseids meteor shower showing now

kas
12-Aug-07, 23:41
The Perseids meteor shower is visible right now in the North East of the sky. I have been watching and they are averaging one shooting star every 2 minuites. Worth alook if you have clear skies, like in Thurso at the moment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6940962.stm

WeeBurd
12-Aug-07, 23:52
Darned streetlight right in my way, Kas, and until hubby gets in I'm tied to the hoose. Booo!:(

WeeBurd
13-Aug-07, 00:06
Ahh, I'm seeing them now, super. Thanks for letting us know about the shower, Kas!

BTW, isn't it a gorgeous night? Clear sky, no wind, the sound of the river swishing by in the distance... gorgeous! :D

psyberyeti
13-Aug-07, 00:08
Seen a few already, but a cold wind so I've come in to dress up a little warmer - it is August afterall. Flippin cold!!

Geo
13-Aug-07, 01:14
Saw some beauties.

Ricco
13-Aug-07, 12:16
Aw, Kas. I woke at 2.30am this morning and went out the back to watch the show but I think I missed the best - only saw two, one of which was a very good one.

kas
13-Aug-07, 15:12
There were some good ones. Also saw what I presume was a satellite moving across the sky and Mars was showing well. The redness of the planet visible through binoculars. It was good to get clear skies.

Ricco
13-Aug-07, 20:19
There were some good ones. Also saw what I presume was a satellite moving across the sky and Mars was showing well. The redness of the planet visible through binoculars. It was good to get clear skies.

Yep, I saw those as well, though I saw two satellites... about 20 mins apart.