View Full Version : Supernanny

Ash
12-Aug-07, 17:36
does anyone else watch this

i do - i think its great even if the americans are abit over the top! lol

i wish supernanny was in my house sometimes to deal with tantrums :lol:

mums angels
12-Aug-07, 17:40
I have learnt many a tequnique from that show aswell as tiny tearaways but at the end of the day everything they tell them do is common sense and how parents get into such a mess with routines, behaviour etc is beyond me

Ash
12-Aug-07, 17:45
we use the naughty step and it does work some of the kids on the show scare me! lol:lol:

mums angels
12-Aug-07, 17:51
we use the naughty step and it does work some of the kids on the show scare me! lol:lol:
I used the naughty step for my two oldest when we were in other peoples house , there room worked whilst at home and for youngest we have being using the cornor of the room since he was 16 months ..works a treat he sits for a few mins he can see us but we ignore him he sits with a big lip on then gets up and comes for a cuddle ..

a friend of mine thought it was funny whilst at there house he was a bit naughty and on the third time of saying no i pointed at the cornor and off the wee one went to sit down ..it was very cute he was 18 mnths at the time . :lol:

i'm waiting for the terrible twos to start properly ..he's 2 next month ..EEK

Ash
12-Aug-07, 17:54
my wee one is 3 and she had terrible twos at 1 1/2!

and now she is wee madam, asking all sorts of questions, the new one is can i have a baby sister, and will she be in my tummy! lol
:lol:

orkneylass
12-Aug-07, 18:19
Ash - like many people you clearly find parenting a trial but I hope it also gives you pleasure as kids are a blessing and they do act on the example set to them "Children live what they learn"

Ash
12-Aug-07, 18:21
what do u mean i clearly find parenting a trial?

corgiman
12-Aug-07, 18:24
I love this piece and it is so true
http://www.empowermentresources.com/info2/childrenlearn-long_version.html

mums angels
12-Aug-07, 18:26
my mother in-law has that on a big poster in her house and many a time i have read it and thought how true it was ...i'd like a small version of it on my wall somewhere

Ash
12-Aug-07, 18:26
I love this piece and it is so true
http://www.empowermentresources.com/info2/childrenlearn-long_version.html

so so true corgiman, thats a great piece think i may print that off

corgiman
12-Aug-07, 18:39
My wife has it on the wall also