PDA

View Full Version : Advice - Laptops

Lou18
19-Jul-05, 14:53
Hi

I'm hoping somebody can help me. Me and my boyfriend are just about to buy a laptop, it's main purposes are going to be for storing business information, and also for downloading music to use over a sound system (not a stereo but a major sound system which goes out in large venues).

Can you offer any advice on what qualities we should be looking for? and also the best makes?

Thanks,

EDDIE
19-Jul-05, 18:58
If your just going to be using a laptop for storing information and internet use and music you wouldnt need to buy an expensive one.Its only in my opinion that if your playing games that u need need a good spec of a laptop

Jeid
19-Jul-05, 20:11
look for something with a good sound card built in. something with a creative audigy card built in will be perfect. obviously your gonna be wanting a large hard drive if your gonna be storing music as it can take up a lot of space if you have a lot. a good amount of memory will also come in handy.

try www.ebuyer.com for a good deal

Naefearjustbeer
20-Jul-05, 01:19
I would recommend a DELL laptop, we have 2 in our house and have had no problems with them.

George Brims
20-Jul-05, 08:18
I would also recommend a Dell from the point of view of reliability. We have a bunch of them at work and they get a lot of travel and abuse and keep going.

HOWEVER I was horrifed to find mine has a poor sound system - who needs a MONO mic input for goodness sake? So be sure to check that aspect thoroughly.

MadPict
22-Jul-05, 16:35
Apple iBook or Powerbook.

www.apple.com/uk/ibook

www.apple.com/uk/powerbook

http://www.apple.com/uk/ilife/itunes/

http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/share.html

Can't beat them. Stable. No virus worries. Good music library software. Miles ahead of anything Windows based for digital music.

Margaret M.
23-Jul-05, 02:17
I'm hoping somebody can help me. Me and my boyfriend are just about to buy a laptop,
Sound cards, brand name and all that stuff are important but I would recommend getting a written agreement that if you break up, you get the laptop. :D