PDA

View Full Version : Lets all buy this ebay item!

grantyg
12-Aug-07, 09:54
Now I don`t know how many people use the board but even if it costs a free grand each it would be worth it....................

http://cgi.ebay.com/FIDSCHI-INSEL-90-Hektar-Blue-Lagoon-Island-Resort_W0QQitemZ140123811370QQihZ004QQcategoryZ664 06QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

We could call it ORG land or just simply twin it with Caithness and demand the council pay for regular visits!

I love Ebay!

rockchick
12-Aug-07, 10:07
The pace of life there would be even slower than in Caithness! Sunsets look just as gorgeous though.

I think we'd need to buy a dedicated plane as well - Org Airlines anyone?

Unfortunately, it looks like one of those "too good to be true" bargains. If the returns are to be so large and so immediate, why are they selling?

badger
12-Aug-07, 10:29
Often thought if I had the money I'd love to buy Stroma and rescue the houses there before it's too late. Must be worth a fortune now when you see what people pay even for little Scottish islands. Maybe not Fiji weather but could be a wonderful retreat from civilisation and it hasn't been "Disneyfied". Lovely little houses with beautiful carved, but now rotting, box beds - so sad.

I've only been there once and will never forget the trip back - slightly exciting and v. wet. Worth dreaming about though.

Boozeburglar
12-Aug-07, 11:09
It is incredible what can be 'bought' in this world.

I really don't see why it is available to 'own', when tourism is Fiji's main income and the islanders themselves should be in control of their assets, not some German.

It is incredibly cheap too.

Unbelievably so, considering return flights can be had for £800.

Stroma should be made into a museum.

;)