PDA

View Full Version : Groan.... Xmas invites already!?!

jsherris
11-Aug-07, 14:48
So, I've just checked my emails...and I got one from our local Pleasure Beach, which starts:

SPARKLING CHRISTMAS PARTY NIGHTS AT PLEASURE BEACH, BLACKPOOL
Christmas will be here before we know it so why not join us for one of our fabulous events at Pleasure Beach, Blackpool? We’ve a whole range of events to choose from, whether its dancing the night away at one of our themed Christmas Party nights in the Paradise Room, or an intimate dinner with someone special in the luxurious surroundings of our award winning White Tower Restaurant, there really is something for everyone.

We've not even had summer yet - Blimey, I feel depressed!

Torvaig
11-Aug-07, 16:35
Pssst......there are Christmas cards in the charity shops.....:(

crayola
11-Aug-07, 18:39
I was shopping today. One shop had a big Christmas section and people were buying stuff. :cry:

jsherris
11-Aug-07, 19:08
What a nightmare!
The TV ads wil be starting next, & little Leah, being 3, already has the 'I want that!' off to a T as it is now!

We have a Christmas shop just round the corner from us - it's open all year, & it's great fun to pop in on the way out to the prom on a hot July (??!!) afternoon to have a look at what's on the shelves, but when it starts to hit all the regular shops at this time of year, well... my flabber has been gasted - didn't we used to get Hallowe'en out the way before the tinsel started arriving, or is it just me?