PDA

View Full Version : worst road in the highlands

johno
11-Aug-07, 10:19
Ran my grandson down to Aberdeen yesterday for a job interview,what a journey, snarl ups, roadworks, traffic jams & speed camera,s etc. Must have spent an hour standing still throughout the entire journey. We had sat nav that helped ,but the entire road is almost totally without dual carriagway which is rediculious for a route between two major cities [Inverness & Aberdeen. I pity the caithness chaps that commute on a weekly or fortnightly basis . If any one road in scotland needed an upgrade this one HAS to be the leading canditate. it,s a disgrace in this day & age. Ps, i will never ever again moan about the traffic & conditions north of Inverness again. and the next time i HAVE to go to Aberdeen i think that i will take the longer less frustrating route ,say, by Dundee or any other road i can find. or better still just fly. frustrated JOHNO :eyes [mad] ?

saxovtr
11-Aug-07, 10:21
not the best of roads are they,may aswell scrap road tax

johno
11-Aug-07, 10:22
not the best of roads are they,may aswell scrap road tax
YER NOT FAR WRONG THERE, SAXOVTR. [disgust]

rhino
11-Aug-07, 10:26
A few weeks ago we went to Aberdeen. Decided to drive to Inverness, leave the car with relatives then take the lovely train the rest of the way. The journey was great just over 2hours and no swearing at traffic problems. It worked out cheaper as well.I hate long journeys in the car.

JAWS
11-Aug-07, 11:28
I have fortunately only had to make that journey once and do not want to do so again.
Seeing the road was new to me and the journey a 'one off' I suppose that was a benefit. I can well imagine that anybody who had to do it regularly would find it infuriating, I know I would.
For most of the journey between Inverness and Aberdeen overtaking was impossible. Get behind a tractor or a slow moving lorry and all you could do was sit and twiddle your thumbs. Fortunately I was not tied to a timetable but I dread to think what it must be like for people who are, I can well see how they would be tempted to push their luck with a risky overtake.
The road is a disgrace.

riggerboy
11-Aug-07, 16:21
i have to travel that road all the time johno and after 10 years you kinda get used to it, i`ve seen a few near "o my god" situations, this without a doubt is the most dangerous road in the highlands, i think it needs a lot of money spent on it,

anneoctober
11-Aug-07, 16:45
I hate that road, and I only drove to Elgin several times when my pal was ill ! Our son is off shore and he only tells me now when he's actually arrived home, so that his dad & I don't spend that few hours worrying. :confusedThink it's time we bombarded our SMP & MP with a letter or two......:mad: