PDA

View Full Version : Let me see if I've misunderstood something.......

j4bberw0ck
10-Aug-07, 14:18
1. The Government didn't want to allow rights of entry to Gurkha veterans who've served this country loyally and bravely for decades.

2. The Government doesn't want to allow a couple of hundred Iraqi interpreters into the country, who've bravely and loyally served the British Army at the (literal) risk of their own lives. If / when the British leave Iraq, they'll be dead - several are already.

3. The Government cheerfully allows radical mullahs and extreme Islamists to enter the country, walk the streets, and preach hatred through media and demonstration.

4. The Government has politely asked the USA to allow 5 inmates of Guantanamo Bay's Camp X-Ray to be returned to Britain. Not a one of them is a British citizen, the best they had was "leave to remain", and all were captured in Afghanistan fighting against British and American forces.

Shurely shome mishtake? Funny thing, loyalty.

JAWS
10-Aug-07, 15:35
Now, now, j4bberw0ck, be fair to them. Then came to Britain as Asylum Seekers who were in fear of their lives and Britain was the only place were they could feel safe. As a result they were granted leave to stay.

Strangely enough, after that had happened, they suddenly forgot about their fear and for various reasons decided to leave Britain for various places where they suddenly also felt safe.
Such is the employment situation in this Country that one of them claims he was in Afghanistan, wait for it, Job Seeking! The unemployment rate at the time in Kabul was 70%.
Another decided it was "Safe" for him to go to Pakistan to carry out "Charity Work".

Yet another was detained with a group of Arabs in Afghanistan near the Pakistan Border where he claimed to have gone because he could not lead the life of a "good Muslim" in Britain. (I'm sure there are many very "good" Muslims in Britain who would be highly insulted by the implication that they were otherwise.)

One was detained in Pakistan on explosives charges and another in the Gambia whilst boarding a plane with a suspicious object.

Not a one has any real link to Britain other than to use here as a convenience. All of them seem to have decided they felt completely safe in various other places around the World, the family of one of them having now made their home in Afghanistan.

Perhaps I could claim to be Spanish, well, I've been there a couple of times on holiday. I could claim the same about Greece but that might upset my Turkish friends.

jings00
10-Aug-07, 16:36
aye, it's a bit wrong eh

Tristan
10-Aug-07, 18:04
I have always found it difficult to understand a lot of things the government says or does.