PDA

View Full Version : Clay Pigeon Shooting

egregory
09-Aug-07, 18:30
Can anyone let me know if there is a Clay Pigieon Club in the Wick area:)

donnalee1994
09-Aug-07, 20:30
Dont think so we had a good look round when we first moved hear but nothing for the public so we ended up buying our own trap and clays so we could shoot on out own land sorry but dont think you'll find any clay shoots in caithness :(

George Brims
09-Aug-07, 22:54
There used to be a club, which used to meet near the Watten end of the Camster Road. When I was a youngster my friend and I used to go out after a meet and collect the clays that had been missed and landed unbroken out in a fairly marshy bit of moorland. Of course I haven't lived in Caithness since 1976, so this is seriously out of date information!

JAWS
10-Aug-07, 07:15
No doubt the Society for the Preservation of Clay Pigeons had it banned.
"Stop the slaughter of Clay Pigeons! Ban Clay Pigeon Shooting Now!" :roll:

buggyracer
10-Aug-07, 09:46
there used to be one at georgmas, near the railway station, it was a very good range, but i think pressure from surrounding houses about the noise put a stop to it eventually, failing that there are organised shoots at various times of the year, like halkirk games and forsinard table shoot around new year time.

egregory
10-Aug-07, 12:50
Does anyone know if there is a Clay Pigeon shooting club Wick/Thurso area.

buggyracer
10-Aug-07, 14:32
no, there is not one to my knowledge.

Riffman
13-Oct-07, 20:02
Hum, I think we should get a club formed. Invergordon is a long drive, and its a long swim to orkney as well.

Margaret M.
14-Oct-07, 01:55
There used to be a club, which used to meet near the Watten end of the Camster Road.

I used to keep score for them and decided to try it one time. I hit the clay pigeon but landed on my bum -- quite a kick from those guns.

ploo251
14-Oct-07, 10:12
Willie Ronaldson who has the off-road driving out past Lochshell does clay pigeon shooting. I am not sure about booking arrangements but I am sure his number will be in the directory. I am sure his place is called Lower Gillock.

bobbyjoeufb
14-Oct-07, 15:59
There is a Clay Pigeon Club based on the foreshore next to the Forss Business Park, Its closed till next year. I cant remember who runs it.

hap
20-Oct-07, 14:31
Hum, I think we should get a club formed. Invergordon is a long drive, and its a long swim to orkney as well.

Hi I think we should get a club formed as well. I have my own clay trap but nowhere suitable to use it.

scrabster view
23-Oct-07, 06:59
There is a Clay Pigeon Club based on the foreshore next to the Forss Business Park, Its closed till next year. I cant remember who runs it.

Hi there

My friend’s husband has been getting the skeet range prepared for clay pigeon shoots at Forss Business Park (old US base) . Their email address is kaithnessclays@aol.com (kaithnessclays@aol.com). I believe he will be operating this Range sooner rather than later.......

scrabster view
23-Oct-07, 21:33
Thanks for email. I've sent a PM

Riffman
30-Oct-07, 23:11
Popped down to Forss today to have a look, the two trap houses are built. Lovely location, though a little breezy!

jimag
31-Oct-07, 12:04
Cant recall seeing a Planning Application for this in the local papers. Perhaps all the local residents have been consulted and agreed so there was no need. Not such a hostile lot as those from Georgemas !!!!

Riffman
31-Oct-07, 13:50
Well, I really don't think there will be any objections, it was not easy to find and in such a remote location I don't think that neighbours will be a problem.

Rourkee
31-Oct-07, 13:59
Planning wouldn't have been needed as the towers have been there for 20 odd years. They were built by the Americans for recreational purposes when it was their base.

scrabster view
31-Oct-07, 14:05
Popped down to Forss today to have a look, the two trap houses are built. Lovely location, though a little breezy!

Hi Riffman. The trap houses are a legacy from the original US base - they are not newly built. Site needed to be upgraded, ie electrics, new doors, etc. Site now operational as relevant paperwork is in place. Contact kaithnessclays@aol.com for information on opening hours, etc.

Riffman
31-Oct-07, 14:17
Thanks, yes I have contacted them already.

Riffman
18-Feb-08, 12:32
Just to bump this up again. Kaithness Clays out at Forss is open at the weekend, I went up last time, good fun!