PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night with HRH?

jsherris
09-Aug-07, 12:01
So, hubby went for a 'pint of milk' last night, & whilst he was in the shop... I mean pub, he was chatting to the guy he knows who works as a chef round the corner in one of the seafront hotels..... Now, bearing in mind that we've been in this area of Blackpool for nearly 6 years & they have been occasional fellow 'milk buyers' for all of that time....

He's (sort of) from Caithness! His mum lived up the road in Lytham, but now lives in Thurso & is quite well known apparently. She's 75 & at Castle Mey on Saturday night, she sang for HRH & company! I'll have to find out her name....

I don't know if they originated here in Lancs, or there in Caithness, but her son knows a lot Caithness folk, knows quite a few people in Lybster, comes home from November to January, before returning back here for work........
What a small world huh?

Torvaig
09-Aug-07, 12:25
So you will have the lowdown on us all by now...:lol: Ah well, fore-warned is fore-armed!

jsherris
09-Aug-07, 12:28
So you will have the lowdown on us all by now...:lol: Ah well, fore-warned is fore-armed!

Hah! As soon as No1 daughter comes home from her hols & collects the little one, I will start going with hubby to 'collect the milk'.... then I can find out ALL the gossip! Mwahahahaha! [lol]

Scaraben1976
09-Aug-07, 20:41
Sounds like ti might be Jean Dawson.
When I was a wee boy and went to the Congregational Church she used to sing in the choir, and I heard from a source that she was singingn for Charlie on Saturday night.