PDA

View Full Version : moving

macca
08-Aug-07, 19:00
hi is there anyone here on the org that would be nice enough to help me move 3 single beds a trampoline and a tumbledryer tomorrow as i am moving from thurso to thrumster anyone out there willing as i am getting desperate please

karia
08-Aug-07, 20:12
Hi macca,

'Bumping You'

Hope you get a reply or two soon.

Karia

percy toboggan
08-Aug-07, 20:19
Aye!
there must be somebody with a seven and half tonner doing nowt !! ??

I mean...it's hardly a big ask, is it?
:roll:

Good Luck, hope you get moved okay.

macca
08-Aug-07, 20:20
hi thanks getting well fed up cant get anyone to help phoned a local removal firm but they want 150 and i just dont have that money

NickInTheNorth
08-Aug-07, 20:26
macca when you say single beds what exactly do you mean?

Divans with big bases (same sort of size as a mattress) or mattresses and wooden type frames which can be taken to bits?

Does the trampoline collapse? - to what sort of size?

could make a big difference to the sort of vehicle that would be needed.

macca
08-Aug-07, 20:31
aye the beds come apart and so does the trampoline getting rather deflated i am moving to get my daughter away from a certain sex offender along the road so i think this is why it is so important as i dont want to let her down so please anyone i will pay petrol and your time whatever it takes

Mr P Cannop
08-Aug-07, 20:31
what time do you need help ??

macca
08-Aug-07, 20:38
whenever i can get help but before 4 in the afternoon

NickInTheNorth
08-Aug-07, 20:41
you've another pm

Alice in Blunderland
08-Aug-07, 20:49
Hi there Im away from Thrumster until Monday but will give you a shout as soon as Im back . Good luck with the move sorry I couldnt be of use to you. :D Glad to see you made it in time to get the kids settled into school.

Tristan
08-Aug-07, 21:22
Could you not hire a van for a day?
I am sure someone would help you load, and someone else unload.

macca
08-Aug-07, 21:28
thanks for the advice but unfortunatle due to the circumstances i cant afford that

Torvaig
09-Aug-07, 00:15
Just a thought; would Homeaid be able to help you? I know they recycle home goods but maybe they would be willing to help you with your move.
Here is a link if you want to try them...good luck!

http://www.homeaid.org.uk/