PDA

View Full Version : Henderson

lindadorren
07-Aug-07, 22:54
I wondered if anyone out there had information about the descendants of Donald Henderson and Elspet(h) Gunn which they would be prepared to share?

I know from my research that they had at least one son - James born December 1758 who married Janet Sutherland. This couple had at least three children, 2 sons and one daughter. Their son David went on to marry Christian Oman and this couple had 7 children.

David's son Donald married Mary Mackay, they had 9 children. Of this family one of the sons - David was my great grandfather. David married Mary Sutherland and they had a family of 3 sons and 3 daughters.

Is there anyone who knows more about this family? Any descendants from other branches of this famiy? I'd love to know more

Kingetter
07-Aug-07, 23:08
Would this be the same family or connected?

ID: I27805698
Name: Donald HENDERSON
Given Name: Donald
Surname: Henderson
Sex: M
Birth: in Latheron, Caithness
Death: in Latheronwheel, Latheron, Caithness
Note: Occupation: Miller

Marriage 1 Jean Gunn b: in Latheron, Caithness

Married: 10/12/1768 in Latheronwheel Latheron ScotlandChildren

Robert Henderson b: 23/7/1779 in Milltown, L/Wheel Latheron Caithness
Christy Henderson b: 13/3/1770 in Latheronwheel, Latheron, Caithness
Elspet Henderson b: 29/1/1772 in Latheronwheel, Latheron, Caithness
Donald Henderson b: 29/7/1784 in Latheronwheel, Latheron, Caithness
Henrita Henderson b: 20/4/1774 in Latheronwheel, Latheron, Caithness
Unknown Henderson b: 17/7/1786 in Latheronwheel, Latheron, Caithness
David Henderson b: 14/4/1790 in Latheronwheel, Latheron, CaithnessJames

lindadorren
07-Aug-07, 23:30
James,

Although some of the names are similar to those often used in the family I'm tracing I don't think the family you've suggested quite fits. The childrens dates of birth are a bit too late unless Donald had moved on to a second wife! That could explain the gap in years. Sloppy recording on my part means that I don't have the place details which would help. Most of the family records have related to Watten, Reay, Thurso and Stemster Bower.

Any further help would be gratefully received.

Linda

Kingetter
08-Aug-07, 01:31
You've probably seen this:

From Genforum -
February 17, 2004
"My GGGGrandmother was Christina Oman b. 21 June 1795 Thurso, Caithness. She married David Henderson 9 July 1818 Thurso.

Would love to know more of the Oman family from Thurso!

All The Best!
Mary"
(mary jeffery)

lindadorren
09-Aug-07, 08:46
Thanks. I'd seen that somewhere before and I did respond to a thread on this site about Henderson/Oman. I haven't traced the Oman family as they aren't a direct link but I might do some tracing now.

ceramickid
13-Jan-08, 13:37
David Henderson/Christine Oman Children
Janet h b1818 m william Georgeson
Isbel H b 1820
Sinclair h b1824 Died 1856 in prision
william h b1822 m Helen Mason 1848
George sinclair h b1829
Donald h b 1827
Jane H b 1832

William h and helen had three children
williamina h b1848
George h b1850
David h b1852 m Anne Sutherland nee Mason ? David was
my GG grandfather I have loads of other Is this the right family?

lindadorren
13-Jan-08, 21:20
Yes this is the right family - thanks. You've whetted my appetite for more info especially about Sinclair whose death date I had but hadn't realised he'd died in prison!!

Would be delighted to find out more. Please PM me.

Linda

tannach hill
16-Jan-08, 13:55
I have lots on this family too.
David who married Ann Sutherland/Manson was my husbands great grandfather through their son Donald.
David had another brother Donald who was born about 1863 and married Elizabeth MacKay
According to the death certificate on Scotlandspeople of Sinclair Henderson he died at Durness Street, Thurso, of TB which he had for 6 months

ceramickid
21-Jan-08, 13:29
Children
George b 1893 d 1978 M to Jessie Ann Henderson
Helen b 25/11/1883
David
Donald
Sam ?
William died infancy buried at cross key kirk yard
Willie died in infancy ditto
Johan b1886 died 1936.
Johan had a son out of wedlock my father name James Woods Henderson Born 1916 Johan Married a Benjamin Mowet Forbes in 1921 they had two children anne and Donald
Hope it Helps as it is not easy