PDA

View Full Version : Skinandi's

Edna
07-Aug-07, 12:47
Has anyone found that skinandi's is in need of a good clean up. I went to Skinandi's last Saturday night and was disgusted by the smell, it stank of spewings, i feel the place is in need of a good freshen up.
I was also pretty annoyed at having to pay £7, I dont mind having to pay £7 normally, but considering myself and my friends were in fancy dress for the Thurso Gala i felt it was wrong that we had to pay.

Ash
07-Aug-07, 13:01
skinandis is awful i cannot remember last time was there, but not sure why you thought u would get in for free, no one else does when dressed up

gollach
07-Aug-07, 13:04
Has anyone found that skinandi's is in need of a good clean up.

Yes, but it's not just the smell.

A friend of mine was also there on Saturday and had her bag nicked again - 2nd time in 12 months. It gets worse. Her mate saw a woman making her way out the door carrying 3 bags and she recognised her own bag and my friend's bag among them.

There was a bit of a stramash and the bouncers appeared but they refused to believe the woman would have done it as she has mates on the Skinandis staff, despite the fact that she was unable to explain why she was trying to leave the premises with other people's property.

Come on Skins, clean up your act!

Tristan
07-Aug-07, 13:18
Yes, but it's not just the smell.

A friend of mine was also there on Saturday and had her bag nicked again - 2nd time in 12 months. It gets worse. Her mate saw a woman making her way out the door carrying 3 bags and she recognised her own bag and my friend's bag among them.

There was a bit of a stramash and the bouncers appeared but they refused to believe the woman would have done it as she has mates on the Skinandis staff, despite the fact that she was unable to explain why she was trying to leave the premises with other people's property.

Come on Skins, clean up your act!

Well I hope your mate got her bag back.
To be on the safe side I would report it to the police and to the management. If there are ongoing problems it may be what they need to sort it.

nannydip
07-Aug-07, 13:32
Gone are the days of leaving your handbags under the table while you go up to dance, mind you the carpet is so sticky you have to prise things off it. :roll:

anneoctober
07-Aug-07, 14:04
Can't leave your coat, handbag OR indeed your drink nowadays, without have a friend watch over them. The safety of people in the the place does not seem to be a priority. Dark & dingy is that what attracts such types? :(

sweetpea
07-Aug-07, 14:08
Have to agree the place is a hole but they have the monopoly on things cause where else is there? I never take a bag out these days. I'd be more worried about leaving my drink unnatended to get spiked!

kas
07-Aug-07, 15:11
skinandis is awful i cannot remember last time was there, but not sure why you thought u would get in for free, no one else does when dressed up

I did not go to skinandis on Saturday night after the gala, but I have always been let in free on Gala night when dressed up. In fact one year the owner told us in the central that we would be allowed in for nothing as we were dressed up.

Maybe it depends who is on the door when you go in.

mums angels
07-Aug-07, 15:16
Skins does smell sweaty ans sickly but any nightclub will now that there is a no smoking policy , you never used to notice it because the smell of smoke was there instead ..i was there on saturady night and have to say i didn't really notice it as bad as i have done in the past ..as for bags and jackets ..they have a free coat/bag hanging place, i always take out my cash , ciggs and hang my bag up , i now wear jeans when out so i have somewhere to put them :)

however they could hire a steam clearner once in awhile since they make so much money on the door

bluelady
07-Aug-07, 19:02
yuk, not been in there for a year but it sounds minging, and do they still sell food in those conditions ? [disgust]

mums angels
07-Aug-07, 19:45
Yes they do still sell food in there, i usually stay clear of it but did have something on sat night and for once i wasn't ill afterwards :)

corgiman
07-Aug-07, 20:05
Well ash has just posted about a childrens teddy bear picnic in there today :eek: if it is that filthy I certainly wouldn't allow small children to eat in there :eek:

Ash
07-Aug-07, 20:10
like i posted in my previous thread the place was not dirty, and if it was she wouldnt have been in there!:mad:

corgiman
07-Aug-07, 20:12
oh well they must have cleaned it up since the last posters who said it was dirty were in then

Ash
07-Aug-07, 20:14
they are on about at night time when its full of drunken fools, spilling drink and being sick, the place does get cleaned! the toilets were spotless! if not i wouldnt have let my 3year old use it!

Coxy
07-Aug-07, 20:55
Thats terrible. i would ask around and see if any other folk dressed up had to pay!
As for the smell i would go somewhere else try the legion its very nice although some people say they have gotten a slight smell of mildew and mothballs.

Edna
07-Aug-07, 21:21
Thats some where i have never been, it thought it was more for the middle aged. Have you ever been.

mums angels
08-Aug-07, 14:30
they are on about at night time when its full of drunken fools, spilling drink and being sick, the place does get cleaned! the toilets were spotless! if not i wouldnt have let my 3year old use it!

i banned my children from going for ages to the discos that they have after my eldest was sent home after falling and cutting her knee on glass , it should have been cleaned up properly especially as small children were going to be in ...she hasn't been the only child to be cut there either

Ash
08-Aug-07, 14:41
i dont blame u, but it was clean not broken glass ect............

its like people think im lying which is weird
:confused

moncur
08-Aug-07, 15:01

Maybe tell your friend there is a FREE cloakroom where you can leave ur jacket & handbag.

crayola
08-Aug-07, 15:07

:confusedRelax, I don't think anyone thinks you're lying. They were there at different times and saw the place in different states.

Ash
08-Aug-07, 15:59
Maybe tell your friend there is a FREE cloakroom where you can leave ur jacket & handbag.

it still shouldnt have happened, the bouncers in there only look after there own friends and family

buggyracer
08-Aug-07, 16:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by moncur

it still shouldnt have happened, the bouncers in there only look after there own friends and family

Maybe you should take your own advice Moncur??? ;)

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=19518

Ash
08-Aug-07, 16:11
haha buggyracer!:D:lol:

moncur
08-Aug-07, 16:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by moncur

Maybe you should take your own advice Moncur??? ;)

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=19518

FYI the cloakroom wasnt open that night as the door was being run by family members of the band running the gig.

mums angels
08-Aug-07, 17:11

:confused

I don't think you were lying all i was saying was that when i put my kid to the disco i went in with her and it looked all clean and nice ..i was not on hands and knees looking for small fragments of glass as i'm sure you were not either ...i was trying to inform you that it is still possible for small bits of glass to be left for a small child to hurt themselves on at the end of the day its a nightclub that has people drinking, smoking, throwing up , spiking drinks in etc ...its not really a safe place for children to be so just for parents to be aware that it has happened

As for bouncers only looking out for there own friends and family i have never seen such behaviour the bouncers always seem very good and fair

buggyracer
08-Aug-07, 17:41
FYI the cloakroom wasnt open that night as the door was being run by family members of the band running the gig.

lol ok moncur :)

Ash
08-Aug-07, 17:45
I don't think you were lying all i was saying was that when i put my kid to the disco i went in with her and it looked all clean and nice ..i was not on hands and knees looking for small fragments of glass as i'm sure you were not either ...i was trying to inform you that it is still possible for small bits of glass to be left for a small child to hurt themselves on at the end of the day its a nightclub that has people drinking, smoking, throwing up , spiking drinks in etc ...its not really a safe place for children to be so just for parents to be aware that it has happened

As for bouncers only looking out for there own friends and family i have never seen such behaviour the bouncers always seem very good and fair

i understand where u are coming from, and as about the bouncers i have seen and heard about numerous of fights when the bouncers have let of the person who started it just because they know them,its unfair

mums angels
08-Aug-07, 18:50
i understand where u are coming from, and as about the bouncers i have seen and heard about numerous of fights when the bouncers have let of the person who started it just because they know them,its unfair

Well i have SEEN fights that the bouncers have dealt with in a very fair way they seem to have no tolerance for people who are causing trouble no matter who they are..as for HEARING of numerous stories , i for one do not believe everything i hear :D

Ash
08-Aug-07, 18:53
.................................................. ... not in the mood

mums angels
08-Aug-07, 18:55
.................................................. ... not in the mood

I am surprised you seem to like an good argument ...or is is that only your opinion counts ..!!!!!

Ash
08-Aug-07, 18:59
I am surprised you seem to like an good argument ...or is is that only your opinion counts ..!!!!!

no not at all, just i didnt actually post what i have written to start an argument

mums angels
08-Aug-07, 19:02
well lets just agree to disagree then :)

Ash
08-Aug-07, 19:04
well lets just agree to disagree then :)

ok good:Dim glad

bluelady
08-Aug-07, 19:27
so whats the verdict, is Skinandis minging or no ?

mums angels
08-Aug-07, 19:37
so whats the verdict, is Skinandis minging or no ?

it can be yes, but then all nighclubs usually are :) nothing that a steam clean every so often wouldn't fix , i will continue to go and have a good time though :lol:

bluelady
08-Aug-07, 19:41
well my daughter and her mate keep going, but i'll proberly stick to the legion and continue with my sadate life. :lol:

karia
08-Aug-07, 20:07
well my daughter and her mate keep going, but i'll proberly stick to the legion and continue with my sadate life. :lol:

Personally, I am miles away and over thirty!;) .still,..... I do not see the appeal.

I live close to a cinema, a pizza nut, and a McDonalds and the pavements are not so nice of a Monday morning.

All for people enjoying the weekend, but the venues who profit could at least do a bit of a 'cleanup' come monday.

Karia

bluelady
08-Aug-07, 20:50
Aye, i agree, after all if they get closed down for unhealthy premises, it will be a loss all round most likely

Jeid
08-Aug-07, 22:57
For anyone who's lost property, you do realise that there's a CCTV system in the place, and if you suspect anyone of nicking your stuff... then contact the police and they can get access to the tapes to check it. I'm pretty sure most of the place is covered. As the screens in the place tell you, their CCTV system has been used several times to help the police.

Agreed though, the place stinks. Very smelly.

I don't go. It's a very anti-social place. The music is blaring and you can't hear the person next to you speak. Perhaps I'm getting old :p

the_big_mac
09-Aug-07, 16:24
I dont really get what the fuss is about :confused:.

Its a nightclub, folk go there for a bit of a party, a few drinks and a dance. Generally most that do are drunk. Drunk folk aint very clean or respectful to any establishment. (and given the mess of the place once everyone is gone on a Saturday night, id like to say that the cleaners there to an excellent job to clean that up.)

If you like your tea and biscuits in peace then maybe you should just stay at home.

dunderheed
09-Aug-07, 18:48
personally speaking i think its more of a foostie smell (sorry damp smell ) than a dirty smell.
some of the bouncers to me could do with going to glasgow or elsewhere for real doorman training as their people skills are not the greatest. but however i have never seen them throw out one fighter and leave the other in.

Jeid
09-Aug-07, 19:22
I've never met a doorman with people skills ;)

dunderheed
09-Aug-07, 19:33
thats what i mean j in other areas doormen can sometimes stop fights from happening by just " talking down" trouble , its all part of the doorman licensing courses they have to go on in some areas

gpwicks
09-Aug-07, 21:09
i work in the place and i try to talk down people when they become aggressive, but trying to talk to drunk people is like talking to a brick wall some times !!

but it's when the drunk people try and tell us how to do the jobs that gets on my wick. we are looking after normally 400 + people on a saturday night and a fight statrts in the other end of the nightclub and by the time we get there we don't know whats happened and everyone tells us he/she started it who do we believe, we can't throw everyone out cause then that causes more uproar, so it's a no win situation !

plus with the smell, bad problem of spilt drink,B O and cheap perfume causes that, the place smelss a lot better at the start of the night compared to the end !!

Coxy
09-Aug-07, 21:15
Thats some where i have never been, it thought it was more for the middle aged. Have you ever been.
Yes ave been, all ages go there,and you dont feel out of place, depends what you class as middle aged !

Jeid
09-Aug-07, 22:06
thats what i mean j in other areas doormen can sometimes stop fights from happening by just " talking down" trouble , its all part of the doorman licensing courses they have to go on in some areas

I think someone has already said that it's difficult to stop a fight when it happens at the other end of the club. Trouble can't exactly be talked down when you can't hear what trouble is brewing. Loud music doesn't make hearing things easy.

Jeemag_USA
09-Aug-07, 22:06
i work in the place and i try to talk down people when they become aggressive, but trying to talk to drunk people is like talking to a brick wall some times !!

but it's when the drunk people try and tell us how to do the jobs that gets on my wick. we are looking after normally 400 + people on a saturday night and a fight statrts in the other end of the nightclub and by the time we get there we don't know whats happened and everyone tells us he/she started it who do we believe, we can't throw everyone out cause then that causes more uproar, so it's a no win situation !

plus with the smell, bad problem of spilt drink,B O and cheap perfume causes that, the place smelss a lot better at the start of the night compared to the end !!

I have friends who worked their bouncing, and some of them probably still do and I don't envy you, people see things in a completely different slant when they are drunk and your throwing out their boyfriend/girlfriend. Before people knock it they shoudl go try doing it.

Moonboots
10-Aug-07, 09:17
I have friends who worked their bouncing, and some of them probably still do and I don't envy you, people see things in a completely different slant when they are drunk and your throwing out their boyfriend/girlfriend. Before people knock it they shoudl go try doing it.

Yea Bouncing or may I say Stewarding is not an easy job as it looks.
I used to do it and I was the one that was always there quicker than anybody else and mostly we would talk them down but if they were still trying to throw punches etc then we would have to remove them from the premises. Thats the way it should be done!!! and it didnt matter who the person was.

One time I had to put out my farther-in-law for fighting...lol

I took a Stewarding course which lasted 2 days about 9 years ago though and we all had a good laugh and showed us how to handle with a drunken person.

Do they still give courses out like this as I think you have to be registered or something like that nowadays.

Fluff
10-Aug-07, 10:05
moonboots, yes they do. my boyfriends brother is a doorman. he is licenced and been on quite a few courses. don't know if they did it when you did it, but now they learn how to restrict their movements without hurting them

Metalattakk
10-Aug-07, 10:15
....but now they learn how to restrict their movements without hurting them

Aye that's right. A quick smack in the chops renders the subject limp and unable to struggle, thus reducing the chance of further injury.

I've seen it in action and it works a treat. :roll:

caithnessgirl
10-Aug-07, 12:46
Loud music doesn't make hearing things easy.

Its a nightclub. Thats the general idea. loud music and alcohol! ;)

All in all Skinandis is pretty much the only option in Caithness bar the waterfornt. Fair enough it maybe aint the cleanest (as for the smell - smoke definitely used to cover this up!) and im sure at 7 pound a pop they could use the cash to clean up or even redecorate but at the end of the day as long as they keep the place reasonable, play the music folk want to hear and keep the alcohol flowing most folk there will be happy enough! :D

Jeid
11-Aug-07, 02:06
The thing is, the place doesn't smell all that bad when you go in to work in the place... however, with punters coming in, spilling drinks, dancing(and sweating) and generally being drunk... then the place is gonna be a mess.

The cleaners do a great job. They see a lot of things that would surprise a lot of people. As you can imagine... cleaning that place up is not an easy task.

Reev
11-Aug-07, 04:24
Sweating..............sigh, i alone am that factor

:roll: