PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Log Out

karia
06-Aug-07, 21:48
I have noticed that after a certain length of time I am automatically 'logged out' and have to sign in again.

It doesn't seem to be very long in comparison to other sites.

How long is it, exactly?

karia, the curious!

Moira
06-Aug-07, 23:49
Karia - do you tick the "remember me" box when you log in? I've not noticed the automatic logout, though I sometimes lose my BB connection altogether, thanks to BT. Worse still, my "trusty" laptop often shuts itself down for no reason, usually when I'm in the Chatroom :mad:

karia
07-Aug-07, 12:57
Hi Moira,

That must be really annoying.:mad:

I never click on the remember me button, would it help do you think?

Sometimes I get logged out whilst private messaging which can mean having to type the whole thing again.

Karia

Ricco
07-Aug-07, 13:28
Karia, I have noticed the same thing. You can be typing in a fairly long post and then find yourself logged out. If you aren't careful you can lose the whole message and have to start again. Total pain! As you say, the time duration is not very long.

Bobinovich
07-Aug-07, 14:12
I must admit I'd like to see an option to keep me logged in - I'm backwards & forwards to the Org all the time and would like to remain logged in until I choose the Logout option.

C'mon Admin - is this an option which could be activated???

Colin Manson
07-Aug-07, 14:38
The 'remember me' button works for me, I've never had to login on my PC, it's cookie based and works a treat.

The Session Timeout is set to 30 minutes.

This is the time in seconds that a user must remain inactive before their login session expires. This setting also controls how long a user will remain on Who's Online after their last activity.

karia
07-Aug-07, 19:16
Karia, I have noticed the same thing. You can be typing in a fairly long post and then find yourself logged out. If you aren't careful you can lose the whole message and have to start again. Total pain! As you say, the time duration is not very long.

Thanks Ricco,

If we are logged in when we check a post and start the reply process to it, then surely we have rendered ourselves active merely by the act of doing so and therefore have not been inactive for the half hour cut-off time.??:confused

Karia

Ricco
07-Aug-07, 19:25
I have now set my 'Remember me' and will see what happens.

dragonfly
07-Aug-07, 20:58
i tick the remember me button and am always logged on, the only time I have to sign back in again is when I clear my history/cookies etc

Moira
10-Aug-07, 19:39
Karia/Ricco

Has clicking the "remember me" box sorted the logout problems for you?

Bobinovich
10-Aug-07, 20:55
Hi Moira

I don't know about them but, despite trying it on a couple of occasions previously, it now appears to work for me :D. Even if I shut down my browser then open it up later, I am still logged in when I bring up the forums!! Woohoo!